Gman or Ziggy

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Gman or Ziggy

H&K(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi,

Gman, I cannot get BLIDE to reconize your wrappers Keywords as keywords. Any Ideas?

Ziggy, I cannot get Blide to reconize Gmans Irrlicht wrappers key words. Blide "says" it has more words when it starts, but they are not reconized by autocomplte/Syntax, and wont show parameter info etc. Any Ideas?

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#2]
have you refreshed your module's cache? in the File menu

H&K(Posted 2006) [#3]
Yes I have.

I dont know if you use Gman mod or not, but its in its own directory inside Mod, and the core file includes loads of files which then include loads of files.

When I do ":" irrlicht appears as the same sort of icon as pub and brl. But none of the types of irrlicht appear,

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#4]
but if you write irr (and then ctrl + space) the commands are available, aren't they?

H&K(Posted 2006) [#5]
NO, all that happens is that it completes the word "Irrlicht"

Bmax itself compiles the program. But BLIDE doesnt "colour" them the same as the rest of the mod words, And seems to think they are normal text.

I assume its because BLIDE isnt going though the subdirectories of irrlicht.mod

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#6]
are you making BLIde point to the correct folder? Try running the BLIde recovery utility

H&K(Posted 2006) [#7]
Well, if BLIDE was pointing to the wrong place then it wouldnt even know to complete the word "Irrlciht"

Ran the utility anyway just to cheak, ummm, no. BLIDE still doesnt "See" the irrlicht keywords

gman(Posted 2006) [#8]
hi ziggy. i dont use BLIDE so im not sure what is appropriate but i wanted to throw out some changes i made in the last release.

i did reorganize the Irrlicht mods with the last release. instead of in gg.mod/irrlicht.mod the mods are now in irrlicht.mod/core.mod. not sure if that makes a difference or not.

also, i changed the naming convention on all types. the T_irr no longer prefixes them.

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#9]
I know your changes, and I'm using irrlitch and I see all the keywords here, not sure what can be happening.
H&K: have you any intellisense using irrlitch?

Plaase, take a look to the framework inspector, and tellme what information is there. and be sure not to have any mod folder hidden, write protected, or something.

H&K(Posted 2006) [#10]
The framework inspector just show "irrlicht" below brl,pub and axe. It isnt a dir though, that is I cannot open it the way I can for the others.

info:
FrameWork.irrlicht
MODSERVER irrlicht
Declared as:irrlicht

I get no intellisense other than the single word "Irrlicht", (Unless I have each file open). Ive done a full complete instal, and still no joy. Ive done relearn keywords/mod cache

bregors(Posted 2006) [#11]

H&K(Posted 2006) [#12]
Right Ive fixed it.

This was the problem. I had instaled the zip directly to the mod folder, then copy/pasted the dll to the right place. However, if you leave a copy of the dll in the LIBS directory then BLIDE doesnt read the irrlicht files.

I know, I know, maybe it was obvious that I should delete the LIBS DIRs dll, but it wasnt for me.

SO.... when the you "Copy" the dll, dont, you need to cut/paste the dll ;)

(Maybe still my fault, but I feel a bit happier)