Um, Build Modules on a Mac?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Um, Build Modules on a Mac?

siread(Posted 2006) [#1]
I finally splashed out on an iMac and want to test my BlitzMax apps on it. Trouble is when I click Build Modules or Rebuild All Modules, i get the following error:

Building Modules
Compiling:blitz_app.c
sh: line 1: gcc: command not found
Build Error: failed to compile /Applications/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_app.c
Process complete

Can anyone tell me what I need to do?

BTW i'm using Mac OS X, 10.4.8.

Booticus(Posted 2006) [#2]
You need to install XCode, I know that much. Also, on my Mac, even with XCode installed back in the day, I managed to screw up the env variables somehow with some GUI app that was supposed to make setting the env variables "easier". I Uninstalled that program, and it worked for me. Otherwise.....you'll have to wait for someone with more uber Mac knowledge to respond!

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#3]
Yah install xcode it includes gcc and other bits needed to compile - libraries and frameworks, etc.

Contrary to popular belief you don't need to install ALL of the xcode package because that's more than a Gig of needed space, I was able to get max to compile with about 300k of xcode packages installed.

Will(Posted 2006) [#4]
But, I'd recommend all of XCode, there's lots of cool stuff.

Its free from Apple's site, and it should be on a disk with the computer.

siread(Posted 2006) [#5]
I installed it (fully) and now the modules are buildign. Thanks, chaps. :)

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#6]
Yah it's good to have it all if you have the space. I had to trim it down to 300k on a 3 gig harddrive.