Toolmaker Wanted:

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Toolmaker Wanted:

Will(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hey, I'm working on a spaceshooter. I'm looking for someone to help me by producing the tools alongside: level creator, ship creator, etc.

Let me know if you're interested, or want more information.

Thanks,
Will.

daaan(Posted 2006) [#2]
I have a pretty cool collision system that would work well for a shooter. Now only if the editor was better. I am willing to work on it though. What kind of shooter is this? Ikaruga/Mushihimesama? or something more like one of the 360 shooters?

Will(Posted 2006) [#3]
The actual engine is mostly in place - so things like collision are already setup.

The shooter is a very complex 360 style shooter. Think escape velocity: nova with much greater combat and ship complexities.

I'm going to email you dan :)

Also, my AIM is a good way to get ahold of me: RenderedOne

FlameDuck(Posted 2006) [#4]
I want more information.

Will(Posted 2006) [#5]
The objectives are allot like battlefield 1942: capturing spawn points. The ships are built out of multiple components, and each of the components can be destroyed separately, changing the ships capabilities on the fly. Large capital ships will be about 20 times the length of a fighter, when you fly one, you're view will zoom out and fighters will be represented as green and red triangles around you - your focus being mostly on smashing other large ships.

The engine is very advanced for a 360 style shooter, but the content pipeline isn't great: hence the need for tools. There aren't any ships taking advantage of all the engine has to offer at the moment, but heres a screenshot of a few-assets code test:

[img]

[img]

[img]

[img]

daaan(Posted 2006) [#6]
Looks great. I'll check my email when I get home later today.

rdodson41(Posted 2006) [#7]
Hey Will I'd like to help as I'm playing around with a space shooter of my own. If you want you can email me at sushimasta@....

BTW EV Nova is one of my favorite games =)

Will(Posted 2006) [#8]
Emailing you rich :)