BLIde 0.8.06

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BLIde 0.8.06

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi, this is the changelog for the new version:
New local shortcuts functionality. This panel is back, and let's you navigate to any piece of your code, now using a global scope of all documents loaded in BLIde

Fixed some little bugs

Added a sound for the compile error window (customizable).

Fixed a bug when a file was compiled, and BLIde losed focus. (thanks to Gabriel)

Fixed a bug when pressing ctrl+F twice from the editor window.(thanks to Booticus)

Lots of CPU optimizations in BLIde loading, and general AST working. Now CPU usage has been reduced drastically

Fixed the 'white background of folding regions' bug on the editor window, when using a color costumized scheme.

Improved loading time of projects

BLIde plug ins are now loaded at start-up in a secondary thread. That speeds up loading time

Check for BLIde updates is performed also in the background, at start time, this also speeds things a lot.

Fixed memory leak

Fixed some typo's (thanks to Mr. Picklesworth and xlsior)

And a lot more of changes, fixes and improvements I can't remember right now

Go to http://www.blide.org to download it if you are interested, and provide feedback.

GfK(Posted 2006) [#2]
Good job!

New version is running much smoother than 0.8.05, and I'm glad to see the shortcut list back too. :)

plash(Posted 2006) [#3]
Why so i only see 8.0.5 on the download page?

GfK(Posted 2006) [#4]
Glucoma? But most likely a cached page.

Press CTRL+F5.

plash(Posted 2006) [#5]
Weird... that has never happened before.. ever.

EDIT: This version is WAY faster!

H&K(Posted 2006) [#6]
Goodie Goodie,
shortcut list back, ;)

JazzieB(Posted 2006) [#7]
This is great work Ziggy.

However, the problem with certain keywords not highlighting mentioned in the previous thread is still happening - even though I have ticked the option to use full module highlighting. Take a look at the following.
const scrWidth:Int=640,scrHeight=480

Graphics scrWidth,scrHeight

While not(KeyHit(KEY_ESCAPE) or AppTerminate())
	Cls
	if MouseDown(1) then SetColor 255,0,0 else SetColor 255,255,255
	DrawLine MouseX(),MouseY(),scrWidth/2,scrHeight/2
	Flip
Wend
end
You can see that const, if, not, then, else and end are not capitalised. I'm sure that and, or and global all do the same as well. I suspect these are all part of the same basic module, which is why they are getting missed. I know it's only a small thing, but it's one that bugs me just a little.

Also, on occasion, when clicking on a source file in the Program File Explorer it doesn't open. I have to close BLIde down and re-open it before it works again - for a while.

Other than those little 'bugs' I think this is great work. Well done.

plash(Posted 2006) [#8]
I think its just a bug where when it checks it misses some of the commands, cause the code you posted above is fully highlighted on mine.

EDIT: Except for "end", which is neither highlighted nor capitalized.

plash(Posted 2006) [#9]
Sadly for some reason it still crashes when opening files :/

EDIT: How do you tell the program to load second files? Check if BLIde is already running, if it is send some message to it to tell it to open a file?
If so could it be possible that it gets stuck in a loop after trying to load a file from the message that it receives?

EDIT2: I just noticed that the expression evaluator is EXTREMELY slow..

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#10]
@Syco: Expression evaluator is extremely slow becouse it generates a temporal BMX file to evaluate expressions, and then it compiles it and gets the result. That is the only way to have all the functions and expressions of BlitzMax. It could be faster if BlitzMax could be run in 'interpreted' mode. older versions where evaluating using the VBScript control from microsoft, but this control is being deprecated, so the only safe way to evaluate BlitzMax expressions is doing it this way. Does your hung up bug always happen when opening a BMX file from the windows explorer?

@JazzieB: Case correction on declaration sentences is not performed. This is the only way (right now) to allow BLIde users case correct their local defined keywords. I will improve this for further versions. but for keywords such as If, Then, Else, etc... them should be hilighted properly. Please check you have selected the option 'case correction' in your BLIde preferences. the code you posted hilites perfectly on my computer....

plash(Posted 2006) [#11]
Does your hung up bug always happen when opening a BMX file from the windows explorer?

I don't exactly know what you mean by 'windows explorer'.

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#12]
making double click on a bmx file

plash(Posted 2006) [#13]
Yes..

Edit: I don't know how that could of helped you, I mean who manually opens BLIde with a command parameter pointing to the bmx you want to open..

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#14]
Well, there are people that uses the 'open' command of BLIde (File / Open / BlitzMax file)

plash(Posted 2006) [#15]
Well there is that, and opening files from the internet explorer (eww) within BLIde.

SebHoll(Posted 2006) [#16]
Brilliant once again Ziggy. One thing - you know your website, how it says "Welcome to BlIde, click to continue", is there any reason why you have that page and don't just go straight to the homepage.

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#17]
@Seb: Yes, the statics counter of the page is alocated there. I will improve this, a general web update is planned, but I haven't had much time yet. :D

siread(Posted 2006) [#18]
Very nice so far zig. Love the highlight then Ctrl+F feature! :)

Couple of suggestions.

1) Can we please have a column to show the item status in the to-do list.

2) Could we also have a Worklog list in the Toolbox to keep track of completed item. What would be ace is to have a to-do item move into the worklog list when you set the status to "Done". It could also put the day's date in automatically. Then there would be a little save as button or a copy to clipboard option so we can paste the worklog into readme's. :)

Keep up the good work!

siread(Posted 2006) [#19]
Sorry, scratch point 1 in my previous post. I just realised that there are icons to signify status. Wahoo! Fast work there ziggy! :D

Cartman(Posted 2006) [#20]
Ziggy. The problem with hanging happens to me when I open two instances of Blide. Both times I'm double clicking on the .blide file in Explorer to launch them. The first one loads fine, but the second one appears to hang. Task manager does not report that its "not responding". I let it run for awhile and it does appear to be loading but it's going extremely slow, almost like it's hung.

JazzieB(Posted 2006) [#21]
@JazzieB: Case correction on declaration sentences is not performed. This is the only way (right now) to allow BLIde users case correct their local defined keywords. I will improve this for further versions. but for keywords such as If, Then, Else, etc... them should be hilighted properly. Please check you have selected the option 'case correction' in your BLIde preferences. the code you posted hilites perfectly on my computer....

I can understand your point about defining variables, so fair enough. As for the normalising of case with keywords, the code I posted above was entered as lowercase only and that code is the result. As you can see, not all of the keywords are corrected. I have always had the problem with Or, And, Not and such like with all previous versions, but now I'm getting it on even more keywords, such as those mentioned. They do all seem to be part of the basic command set, which might provide a clue if they're all in the same module. Case correction is on, as is using all of the modules for highlighting/case correction.

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#22]
@JaxieB: Can you check you have the file BlitzMaxFolder\doc\bmxmods\commands.txt to see if the keywords there are properly hilighted?

@Cartman: I'll take a look in that direction

JazzieB(Posted 2006) [#23]
Can you check you have the file BlitzMaxFolder\doc\bmxmods\commands.txt to see if the keywords there are properly hilighted?

All present and correct. Not sure why it only appears to be me suffering from this.

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#24]
@JazzieB: Can you check the file STDKEYWORDS.TXT in your BLIde installation path?

plash(Posted 2006) [#25]
I've been careful using BLIde, opening one file and trying not to open more, but I've noticed that if you open files from the internet explorer inside of BLIde it doesn't crash, thus my theory is, theres a bug with the way BLIde sends messages to itself (how BLIde opens files from windows explorer when BLIde is already open).

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#26]
Ok, I'll try to find it and fix it

JazzieB(Posted 2006) [#27]
OK, I've found what's causing the problem...

When you have full BlitzMax module highligting enabled, the basic keywords don't have their case corrected. I've tried this several times to confirm my findings, and this does appear to be the case. Can this be fixed?

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#28]
@JazzieB: I will take a look, i sopouse it will be easy to fix.

Filax(Posted 2006) [#29]
Many thanks ziggy :)

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#30]
@Plash: The bug you mentionen has been fixed for next release.

Pantheon(Posted 2006) [#31]
I have found a bug:

Here is the process for reproducing the bug.

change the name of a file within a project then start up BlIDE. Move the compile options window (detached) whilst blide is doing some loading stuff. A dialog box will show offering for you to locate the file, when you release the left mouse from dragging the blue window should remain. Locate the renamed file. Click on the Compile Options movement rectangle (the blue thing) and an exception occurs.

It mite be kinda complicated because i have a dual monitor setup and I actualy draged the window from one screen to the other.

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#32]
I will solve this bug for nex release.

AdsAdamJ(Posted 2006) [#33]
I asked this before, but my post got wiped after the board lost a days posts not long back. :)

Anyway, I love this IDE because it reminds me so much of Protean for B3D, great stuff! The only thing that's puzzling me at the moment though, is I can't find the 'create folding region' (or something like that) option in the right mouse button menu. I was there a couple of versions ago and then simply vanished. I know I can type the code in by hand, but I'm far too lazy...

Additionally, when you do create a region instead of saying;

'#region blah

...it says;

# blah (or something similar)

...when the code is folded up? It's no major biggy, but sometimes it makes the code read a bit oddly!

Thanks. :)

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#34]
This option will be back on a next update, bu next update will delay a litle, as we're developing a very interesting and demanded new feature, I will post more information as the work continues...

AdsAdamJ(Posted 2006) [#35]
Good to hear! Keep up the good work. :)

siread(Posted 2006) [#36]
Whilst debugging it's possible to press F5 and launch another instance of the app. Not sure if it's just my system but everything grinds to a halt and i couldn't stop either of the two without Ctrl+Alt+Del.

siread(Posted 2006) [#37]
How can i change the sounds? When Blide reports an error the wav file is corrupt and squeals.

Booticus(Posted 2006) [#38]
Hey yeah the wav file squeals on my box too, but I thought it was just because my sound card sucks. :)

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#39]
the sound played by BLIde is a data stream integrated into BLIde as a sound. By now, it is not customizable. It will. if you hear this streaming corrupted, please disable it o preferences, untill next update.

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#40]
Here you have an screenshot of the new BLIde plus add-on we're developing for BLIde. More information soon...

Booticus(Posted 2006) [#41]
That looks great! On a more mundane note, is there any chance of us getting for BlIDE:

Code snippets window
Project Template

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#42]
Yes, it could be easily done, I'll add it to my todo list... :D

Booticus(Posted 2006) [#43]
w00t! :)

GfK(Posted 2006) [#44]
Couple of bugs in 0.8.06:

autolists for types:
1. Type 'MyType.'
2. When the autolist appears after pressing '.', try to scroll up/down with the scroll bar.
Result - autolist box disappears, as does the text caret. Requires IDE restart.

Shortcut list:
1. Click on a function name
2. Scroll up/down
3. Click same function name again

Result - nothing happens because the IDE assumes you're still at that function (since its the last one you clicked)

(You've fixed that last bug once before, but its returned with the new Shortcut list).

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#45]
@Gfk: on Bug 1, change the tab and caret will be back again. I'll try to fix this for next release.
on Bug 2, I'll fix it for next release.

GfK(Posted 2006) [#46]
Thx Ziggy for quick response as always.

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#47]
This new version of Blide randomly shuts down when I open my project. Sometimes it loads, sometimes it just does the Windows has encountered an error and must close the application thing.

At first, I thought it was becuase it didn't have the focus ( opening a project takes ages now, so I flicked to another window ) but I've been making sure to let it keep the focus lately and it's just done it again.

Not sure what information I can provide. I only installed yesterday because I haven't been BMax'ing in a few weeks. It was running ok for a few hours once it got started though.

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#48]
Gabriel: Do you open your project from the BLIde menu, or directly from windows? I need a little more of information, How many files does your project have? How are them stored in folders?

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#49]
I've tried both opening the project from the menu and directly from windows. Both can crash and both can load fine.

Project has over 100 files, spread over an executable and four modules. The top level ( the EXE ) has all files in that folder and each module has all the files in the main folder for that module. All files are included, not imported.

Hope that helps a bit.

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#50]
How many instances of BLIde are you running?

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#51]
Just one.

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#52]
@Gabriel: That's weird. I'm making some tests to the binary compatibility between BLIde and the BLIde core engine. I will let you know if I find out what could be causing this random crash. Any additional information would be great. I don't know, any think you can reproduce, or any crash information provided by BLIde or the OS.

Vlad(Posted 2006) [#53]
bug in color highlighting embedded rem/endrem blocks.
Samples:
Rem
Type TSampleAnimator Extends TAnimator
	Field c:Int
	Field shape:TShape
	Method Animate()
		c = c-1
		If c=0
			c=ani_count
			shape.x = shape.x-1
			If shape.x <= 0 Then shape.x = 700
		End If
	End Method

'rem
	Method New()
		c = ani_count
	End Method
	'End Rem
End Type
End Rem

or
Rem
Type TSampleAnimator Extends TAnimator
	Field c:Int
	Field shape:TShape
	Method Animate()
		c = c-1
		If c=0
			c=ani_count
			shape.x = shape.x-1
			If shape.x <= 0 Then shape.x = 700
		End If
	End Method

rem
	Method New()
		c = ani_count
	End Method
	End Rem
End Type
End Rem

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#54]
@Vlad: There's no bug here. Rem doesn't support rem nesting in BlitzMax. Compile your sample and you'll see there's no bug. the First END REM, closes the first REM block, ignoring if another REM block is opoened inside. That is how RE is handled by the BlitzMax compiler, and that's how REM is displayed on BLIde.

Vlad(Posted 2006) [#55]
Hmmm... You is right. But in the second sample only. In first sample where included rem block commented - this is bug.

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#56]
I think this i a BlitzMax bug. Example:

Rem

Print "this"

play 'this wong' End Rem

Print "hello"

never prints the word hello

Vlad(Posted 2006) [#57]
Yep. That BlitzMax bug. But I not about that.
Blide ignores single line comment (char [']) if it comments EndRem command.
Rem
	Function somefn()
	'Rem
		i = ani_count
		a = vars[1]
	'End Rem
		c = vars[0]
		b = vars[2]
	End Function
End Rem

Commented 'End Rem used as real end of commented block when syntax colorizing (BlitzMax compiles this fine).

plash(Posted 2006) [#58]
So when is the new version coming out?

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#59]
This week. I'm having some problems with the single / multiple instance recognition algorithm as Windows seems to hung somewhere...

Cartman(Posted 2006) [#60]
Is anyone having problems with BMax 1.24 and Blide? I'm getting the build message but it just sits there with no response. The last message in the Console is "Linking:".

I've synced and Rebuilt the modules. But no change. I've also tried double clicking on the blide file in explorer and opening Blide first, but no change.

Anyone having this problem?

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#61]
Do you have this problem with the official IDE?

JazzieB(Posted 2006) [#62]
All appears to work fine here. I did get the message that the module cache was out of date, but everything was fine once it had updated itself.

Cartman(Posted 2006) [#63]
Seems like it was my xml module. I had pulled it out in a previous version and it compiled fine, then after 1.24 it failed during the linking. In the Max IDE I could see the errors in the output tab, but Blide didn't show them. I added the xml.bmx back in and it compiled fine. Now it compiles fine in Blide again. Thanks for the help guys.

Booticus(Posted 2006) [#64]
Blide's worked fine since I updated Bmax. I refreshed the modules and everything was cool. No "module cache was out of date", but I told Blide to refresh before I updated Bmax.

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#65]
Oh BTW, I don't know if I've mentioned this before or not, can't remember offhand, but I've always had problems with Blide reading some of my modules.

If I type Import Glimmer.

Then I get the popup with a list of modules Blide has cached. Some of my modules are not in there, and I've never managed to work out why.

And of course, since they're not in there, they're not used for the intellisense stuff, so I'm coding by memory instead of having all the useful popups.

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#66]
Gabriel, could it be possible for you, to send me one of those modules that are not working properly?

Koriolis(Posted 2006) [#67]
Ziggy, is the plugin SDK public yet? If so, where can I get it, and if not when do you plan to release it?
Thanks again for your ha

Koriolis(Posted 2006) [#68]
Ziggy, is the plugin SDK public yet? If so, where can I get it, and if not when do you plan to release it?
Thanks ofr your hard work.

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#69]
Gabriel, could it be possible for you, to send me one of those modules that are not working properly?

Yes, and no. The most important module that Blide can't find is my TV3D module, and I can't send you the DLL and Lib file that it requires because they're commercial and I don't distribute them. I'll send you a link to download the module source though. I think it should be enough to work.

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#70]
@Koriolis: The PlugIn SDK is 99% done, there are some little issues on unicode (as always blitzmax and unicode are not best friends on windows). I hope in a couple of weeks it will be released as an alpha version. This SDK will havo not much functionality yet, but enought to make any kind of code analizer, processer, etc.

@Gabriel: The mail I've received about TV3D was yours?

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#71]
Yes, that was from me. I gather from your reply that it works flawlessly for you? Strange, because I tried refreshing the module cache, and even compiling the module from within Blide and refreshing the module cache again, but no joy.

I'm gonna uninstall Blide, clear out the folder entirely, reinstall Blide and rebuild all my modules. I'll let you know how that goes.

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#72]
Mmm.. nope, that didn't work too good. It still doesn't pick up the module. Very strange.

Koriolis(Posted 2006) [#73]
@Ziggy: Great news. I actually have a half finished preprocessor that is currently taking dust, so these functionalities will be great already, especially if plugins can be written in BlitzMax (as it seems).
Will the SDK also allow to include any user tools (with the ability to pass the file path, etc)? Or will it come later?

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#74]
@Koriolis: The PlugIn engine will let you tell BLIde if you want to process the selected text, or an entire file, and even change its contents etc. I've arranged a little bit some of the problems with the unicode issue, so I hope it will be available as an alpha release for next BLIde update.

@Gabriel: I think I know what is happening. Be sure not to have any folder or file not finished as .mod in your module server folder. This particular issue has been fixed for next release. LEt me know if it was it.

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#75]
Yes, I do have folders not ending in .mod in my module folder, so that's almost certainly the problem. Thanks for that!

H&K(Posted 2006) [#76]
Ziggy, a request

I use a non constant width font as my font of selection. Under the previous editor TAB was absolute, that is they would line up no matter how "wide" the previous text was. Under the new editor this is not the same, and TAB now places itself based on how wide the letters before it are. Is it possible to go back to a fixed tab position?

H&K(Posted 2006) [#77]
Hi (Again)

Strange problem you probably know the anwers too. On my XP Pro system the TABs in folded rems or Types are shown as a box. Yet with exactly the same setup on my XP Home system they are not. How can I make it so that the tabs are invisable on my XP system.

Are you looking forward to your presents from the kings?

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#78]
@H&K: Where is the box shown, in the foldable region, or in the folded info tip?

H&K(Posted 2006) [#79]
In the main code window in folded text.

Barbapapa(Posted 2006) [#80]
Hi ziggy, finally managed to make a donation, had to do it with IE6, somehow FF2 didn't work, don't know why?

Btw, dunno if it's much work, but I would find it superb if could close the tabs by using the right mouse button over a tab, having a few commands, like save, save as, run, etc AND close tab. I know you have the menu when I do a RMB in the source window but somehow it's a habit from me to do a RMB over a Tab. But only if if's not much work ;)

H&K(Posted 2006) [#81]
RE. Tabs Spaces not constant

Ive moved back down to one of the old version 7s of blide that I still had. I think that overall the version 8s are a lot better versions, howerver I cannot use them as easerly.

You may not have noticed, what with English not being your first language, but I have a quite bad reading and writting problem re Patteren reconistion. Because of this there are very few fonts on the computer that I can read easy. The one I find easyest is Comic Sans MS, which I use to the exclution of all others. Since moveing over to version 8, with the loss of fixed Tab positions I have been using Corier for code, with Comic as rems. But I am finding it very difficult to continue in this way.

If you do in one of the future versions bring back fixed Tab positions, could you make a point of stateing so, and Ill upgrade. I wish you luck in your development of BLIDE

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#82]
@H&K: The question is that I see constant tab spaces here. no idea of what can be exactly happening. Can you use the 'define editor colors and look' dialog to change the fonts used by BLIde? If you use the same font for everything you shoudn't have any problem at all. (Remember to 'inherit' font size also in the fonts dialog).

H&K(Posted 2006) [#83]
Load Blitz colours. Change the global font to Comic Sams MS. Tab as 4
Start a new file

ii(Tab)F(Return)
WW(Tab)F(Return)

Now look. The first F isnt even passed the end of the W, and it definatly doesnt matchup with the second F

I mean that, whereby 4 Char spaces is different depending on the width of the CHareters. This only happend since 0.8s. In 0.7s and earlyer the two Fs would be lined up because Tab was absolute, that is it always tabed the same disstance.

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#84]
@H&K: That happens becouse the two WW chars are wider than 4 spaces, so the TAB is jumping to the next correct tab, as in any editor. if you write:

ii (TAB) (TAB)
WW (TAB)

you will see they are aligned. It is impossible to jump to the first tab space after a WW chars, becose this tab space is in the middle of the second W.

[EDiT]
I've seen with some other chars the tab calculation can fail, it is a third party control bug. I've emailed the actipro team, and I hope it will be solved soon.

H&K(Posted 2006) [#85]
you will see they are aligned. It is impossible to jump to the first tab space after a WW chars, becose this tab space is in the middle of the second W[
Ahh if that was so.

No, what is happening in the second (WW{TAB}P) the tab is moveing TWO spaces, and counting the two WW as the other two Chrs spaces. And in the first, (ii{TAB}P) it is also moveing two spaces, and counting the two iis as the fisrt two chars.

ii (TAB) (TAB)
WW (TAB)

I dont know what this does on yours, but on mine the first the cursor is two ii and 6 spaces in, and the second two wws and 2 spaces in, and doesnt line up.

The way you have described it, that is that there is a missed TAB position in WW, was the was 0.7s worked. It is now totaly different. Now it counts the number of chars you have used, so if you have used 15 it moves the equivelent of a space and thats your tab, if you have used 17 it moves the equivellent of 3 spaces.

Do
I(tab)I(tab)I(tab)I(tab)I(tab)I
i(tab)i(Tab)i(tab)i(tab)i(tab)i

in 0.7s evey I and i are lined up, they dont now.

To Sum
ii (TAB) P
WW (TAB) P

In 0.7.61 the first P would be at the first Tab position, and the second P at the second Tab position, (as you described)
However in 0.8.6, Both Ps are at the first Tab position, they are just in different places. That is TAB is no longer absolute.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2006) [#86]
Would it be possible to have Blide auto rename alle function calls when a function is renamed?

Barbapapa(Posted 2007) [#87]
Been working with Blide, two little things, one is a little annoying.

1. If I have an one liner with
If blablabla 
Blide always adds an EndIf when I hit return, this is a little annoying, but I don't know how this can be handled ;)

2. Some variables which names are within a function are highlighted e.g. Right, Left.

Don't know if there is a solution?

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#88]
@Barbapapa:

1.- single line ifs are only recognized properly when
they have the THEN keyword.
if a = 1 then print "hello world!"

shouldn't add the end if, but:
if a = 1 print "Hello world!"
adds the end if. I know this has to be improved, and it will be improved in future versions.

2.- That's becouse you're using the option 'use complete blitz max modules hilighting' and this words (Red, X, Frame, etc.) are defined as fields or functions or something inside any of your currently installed modules. I would recomend you to disable this option. there will be less commands hilighted (they will be anyway case corrected, like in visual studio) and all the BLIde engine will work a little bit faster.

ziggy(Posted 2007) [#89]
@Tri|Ga|De: This is something I want to add to BLIde, but not in tis current state. This functionality has to be very very well tested, as it can become dangerous becouse of the code manipulation. Refractoring is not a very easy task to implement... the AST node procesor is being improved step by step. I hope in a couple of versions BLIde will be able to inform about unused local variables (as warinings in the bug analizer window) This will be the first step, then everything can be improved until refractoring, but you know this will be the final step.

Barbapapa(Posted 2007) [#90]
@Ziggy
1. ok cool, no problem with typing Then
2. checked my prefs, The option is unchecked! tried un- re- and unchecking,nope, nogo.

but I have a little 3. :)

3. Is it possible to have the first Type of the file active in the upper menu above the source, you know, where I can show the functions and methods and so on. Reason is that I like to keep one Type per file and it would be handy to already have it active and not blank like it is now.

4. ups a 4. :) but what would really be great is if Blide could remember all variables, so that when I type my typing is parsed it automatically shows me the variables filtered. e.g. I have a variable called AutoAccelaration[/] and I type [b]Aut it automatically shows me all functions, methods, varaiables... starting with Aut which I then can select. This would prevent spelling errors allot.

Rck(Posted 2007) [#91]
Good Work