AMT-Lab Released Wrapper Blitz3D for BMAX.

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/AMT-Lab Released Wrapper Blitz3D for BMAX.

Maxus(Posted 2006) [#1]
You like Blitz3D, but you are tired of BASIC's limitations?
You are often forced to write DLLs for speed critical procedures
because of the inability of direct access to using DirectX and COM technology?
You require OOP in your development kit?

See read more: www.amt-lab.com/index.php?page=mmengine3d

Download demo: www.amt-lab.com/forum/topic.php?forum=17&topic=2

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#2]
That looks quite interesting.

But: is there any chance to see a less problematic engine base for it? (DX9 as DX7 driver wise gets more and more problematic).

Would definitely be interested in a 3D engine for BM! But sadly and definitely not one basing on dead and outdated technology. (Just to clarify: I'm not asking for DX9 features added, B3D commandset on DX9 would already be enough :) )

JoshK(Posted 2006) [#3]
That's a lousy (and dangerous) way to promote a new product.

Booticus(Posted 2006) [#4]
Cool Maxus! I'll check it out!

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#5]
Leadwerks: AMT has sold other Blitz3D related products, so I don't understand what you mean. He at least does not use the programmers here to do free testing on a broad amount of hardware :)

smilertoo(Posted 2006) [#6]
Far as i can see this dll is built from wrapped blitz3d stuff, unless i#ve misunderstood the websites description of it.

popcade(Posted 2006) [#7]
Buy ColdSteel or this?

Maxus(Posted 2006) [#8]
Dear!!!

Do not wish to buy, nobody forces you.

For manufacture of this wrapper the result of compilation of Language Blitz3D has been used, any modules from the basic compiler has not been taken.

It is not simple wrapper Blitz3D, it is advanced DLL lacks are removed and new functions as release ABOUT versions in which is planned will be considered your wishes are added.

Blitz3D There are 5 years, its stability at the highest level. It has been checked up by thousand people. On it abrupt projects have been made many. We enable you to use him in any programming languages (not only on slow Blitz3D) and to achieve tremendous results!.

DX7 Though also has become outdated, but your programs can work on computers with very simple configuration! Many effects can be realized and on DX7, and they will look not worse DX9. You will spend a lot of time studying and using DX9 to achieve even the same results which can be received for some hours by means of mmEngine3D.

CodeGit(Posted 2006) [#9]
Looks interesting.

I'm just waiting to see what Max3D has to offer. It will most probably be out before xmas.

Maxus(Posted 2006) [#10]
We have done big work and now simply we enable you to use the most popular and tested by years engine Blitz3D with any programming language!

Amon(Posted 2006) [#11]
Is that you Ant?

Leiden(Posted 2006) [#12]
The website does look kind of Antish. Cool product, will definately give the demo a whirl.

popcade(Posted 2006) [#13]
It's not Ant, but this does NOT solve the uicode issue I want (neither ColdSteel)

Picked up a DX8.1 SDK and do it myself, found much easier, if there's no Max3D, I got no interest anymore.

@rtur(Posted 2006) [#14]
Cool, I want B3D in BMax!:)
For casual games it is best choise, imho.
But need to rework B3D code converter in BMax IDE, to convert all my B3D libraries and stuff into BMax...

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#15]
Is that you Ant?

Hold that thought. He's got something to sell soon ;)

Beaker(Posted 2006) [#16]
Maxus - can you confirm: is this a wrapper for Blitz3D, so that you must own Blitz3D already? Or, is it a new library that has the same commands as Blitz3D?

We need more information. Sounds interesting tho.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#17]
Maxus: You are right, that on "stone age" systems, DX7 is a solution.

But on current systems, this means Windows XP, the drivers have more or less bad problems with DX7 (depends on chip and driver. Intel, holding 50% of the market, is the worst) and thus releasing an engine to work in that market is a serious misscalculation.

I don't know if you actually ever read these boards here, but if you did, you would know that our main request point with Max2D beside "Buffers" like in Blitz3D is an official DX9 driver as DX7 is 30%+ slower than OpenGL and that already shows how much performance is lost up to DX9.

I really hope that there will be a DX9 version soon, otherwise, there is no point for it. (as you mentioned yourself: B3D is quite old, the used DX version has been replaced 5 years ago by DX8)

JoshK(Posted 2006) [#18]
As I read it, this is a third-party library which has nothing to do with Blitz3D.

puki(Posted 2006) [#19]
Ah, "Maxus" - you are Russian.

Do you know "ANDREYman" and (or the same person) "Gayanov Igor"?

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#20]
I read it as a 3rd party library, which has been strongly based on B3D.

skidracer(Posted 2006) [#21]
For manufacture of this wrapper the result of compilation of Language Blitz3D has been used, any modules from the basic compiler has not been taken.

More details please!

My acidstub code in codearchives could acheive this type of cross language bridge but it was intended for use by registerred blitz3d users only, not to resell blitz3d runtime.dll with bells on.

Maxus(Posted 2006) [#22]
If DX7 and Blitz3D has become outdated, that all of you then here do????
And why for so much years have not written DX9 engine???

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#23]
If DX7 and Blitz3D has become outdated, that all of you then here do????

Using Bmax?

popcade(Posted 2006) [#24]
What I need is a Blitz3D with LoadImageFont and Unicode support....

Beaker(Posted 2006) [#25]
Maxus - can you answer mine and skidracers questions?

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#26]
He has coded his library using the Blitz3D syntax, NOT the B3D runtime. Its plain as the light of day to me....

splinux(Posted 2006) [#27]
Quote by: Maxus

Blitz3D There are 5 years, its stability at the highest level. It has been checked up by thousand people. On it abrupt projects have been made many. We enable you to use him in any programming languages (not only on slow Blitz3D) and to achieve tremendous results!.

It's not clean it's not the B3D runtime.
From this sentence Maxus says his dll is stable because b3d is. But if he had wrote his own dll not basing it on b3d it would be wrong, because an engine is not stable having just its functions named as another engine's ones.

Another though: have you read the commands it has?
At first sight i would say they are almost all(maybe with some deletions/insertions) b3d has, and not just as 3d, but as network, 2d, system, ect.. too.

I agree with Beaker and Skidracers on their question.

North(Posted 2006) [#28]
I think you did a good job Maxus. Keep it up.

splinux(Posted 2006) [#29]
Have a look at this thread:
http://www.amt-lab.com/forum/topic.php?forum=17&topic=2

splinux(Posted 2006) [#30]
If you look at the documentation, you will find ALMOST THE IDENTICAL B3D DOCS!!
The example code is the same, while the command's description changed slightly.
Have a look. Download the bmax example and go into the help directory.

Amon(Posted 2006) [#31]
Is this another CoolBasic incident?

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2006) [#32]
Yeah its definitely a B3D wrapper from that link. What you are doing is no doubt illegal, Maxus. I guess you had no clue otherwise you wouldn't have posted here. Best desist ASAP and you might avoid legal proceedings.

splinux(Posted 2006) [#33]
http://www.shareit.com/programs.html?productid=300125279&language=English
He made a wrapper from a commerical product, and he's selling it!

xMicky(Posted 2006) [#34]
I remember that in the forums it was discussed earlier several times whether it is possible to get access to Blitz3D from BlitzMax through a wrapper or something else and the answer always was: it is not possible (for reasons I don't know). If on the other hand a third party manufacturer can do it, why doesn't Blitz Research sells something like this since a long time ? I would have bought it.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#35]
Because it is not cross plattform, that simple :)
BM is cross plattform, any official module would need to be able to run on any BM owners machine, including Linux and OSX

LarsG(Posted 2006) [#36]
I guess BRL didn't want to have to support both a wrapper of B3D for BMax, as well as Max3D...

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#37]
Is this another CoolBasic incident?

If it's true, worse. Even the person/people responsible for CoolBasic didn't have the nerve to try and advertise and sell it back the BRL's own customers on BRL's own website, trying to steal sales away from BRL.

JaviCervera(Posted 2006) [#38]
Well, but what the author of CoolBasic did wasn't illegal after all. If this guy is selling a dll wrapping Blitz3D, it is.

marksibly(Posted 2006) [#39]

Well, but what the author of CoolBasic did wasn't illegal after all.

Says who?

We will be looking into this.