SOW?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/SOW?

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#1]
Someone was asking me about free 3d engines for BMax the other day, and one of the ones I mentioned was Chris C's SOW ( Simple Ogre Wrapper. ) He asked me for the URL, and I gave him the site I had bookmarked, but there's nothing there any more. I can't find any messages from Chris in the past two months, and there are no threads about SOW either.

I'm sure Evak mentioned it recently, so surely it can't be dead?

Scott Shaver(Posted 2006) [#2]
I sent him a note about this thread, he hasn't been doing much Blitz for a while.

Picklesworth(Posted 2006) [#3]
He closed it all up because people were being rude; his web site went down because of hosting troubles, and he apparently received many unfair / demanding emails from people.

Not sure what he's doing at this point, though. He seems to have chosen to ignore us, which is a bit of a shame as he was pretty good at what he did. I don't know why he didn't decide instead to just stick a price tag on SOW... I take it that people were pretty rough. Wise of him to put the foot down; just a bit of a shame he did it so suddenly.

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#4]
Ok, thanks guys. I'll tell the guy who asked to try MiniB3D then or just spend some cash and get TV3D then.

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#5]
I'm still supporting the (very) few people who were honest enough to make a modest donation.

In the near future I'm supporting Ogre updates for SOW, but not too sure what to do with it...

I spent that much time coding in C making Max modules that thats mainly what I'm unng now, that and the far from stella Linux support (I rarely use windows now-a-days) means I'm hardly using max at all.