"Fake" fullscreen - setting + filling the desktop

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/"Fake" fullscreen - setting + filling the desktop

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi All,

Just enquiring: I need to make a program do "fullscreen" in a slightly abnormal way:

I need to a) Set the desktop size and then b) make the program window fill the desktop and hide the start menu.

This is to enable me to use Dialogues in fullscreen. The "set desktop size" code is required due to a record/playback feature that relies on the window size to ensure the mouse clicks the correct place.

I'm unable to test things myself right now so I was wondering of any ways you could think up!

grable(Posted 2006) [#2]
on Win32, you can get the DC of the desktop itself and draw to it via GDI, and there are some api calls to hide the taskbar. But id just use the ChangeDisplaySettings() api call instead, since it does essentialy the same thing ;)

look here (Win32 only): http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=63443#708289

I have no idea how to do something similar on other platforms :/

H&K(Posted 2006) [#3]
Thats not abnormal, thats how I do fullscreen, just make a borderless window the size of the desktop. And then make a canvas the same size

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#4]
Lol, looks like I posted in that thread Gramble. Thanks :)