MPEG Decoder TEST

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/MPEG Decoder TEST

Kev(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi Guys

Heres a test using mpeg2dec its a mpeg1,mpeg2 decoder that ive been wraping over the last couple of days.

please test to see if it decodes the frames and displays them correctly.

this is just a simple test, it decodes all frames in the video so for the time being it might shudder while grabing the next frame.

download here
http://www.winblitz3d.co.uk/MPEG_Decoder_TEST.zip

kev

skn3(Posted 2006) [#2]
Works here.

xlsior(Posted 2006) [#3]
Both work. Nice job!

At first I thought that it played the movie too fast, but then I noticed that that was because the included movie itself was that way.

I did experience a glitch, though: the full screen version showed my windows taskbar at the bottom of the screen for a few seconds, before it disappeared.

Kev(Posted 2006) [#4]
cheer guys.

I did experience a glitch, though: the full screen version showed my windows taskbar at the bottom of the screen for a few seconds, before it disappeared.

this should be fixed now ive just finished wraping it into OOP so frames dont get get renderd now until you call the method GrabFrame(index).

now im wraping the linux version :)

kev

xlsior(Posted 2006) [#5]
this should be fixed now ive just finished wraping it into OOP so frames dont get get renderd now until you call the method GrabFrame(index).

Yup, looks like it is.

One thing that still looked a tad odd though, is that upon exiting the program it flashes my desktop in 640x480 (or something) resolution before showing the actual resolution of 1280x1024.... But no biggie.

Kev(Posted 2006) [#6]
ive uploaded a new version with better memory usage, it should be smooth, esc to quit example, it should close clean now also. ive also added a filerequester to open and test other *note* small .mpegs, the full screen test plays the video using scalling.

download from same link

kev