Newton.mod?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Newton.mod?

JoshK(Posted 2006) [#1]
Anyone have a module for Newton physics?

I tried Import "Newton.lib", but none of the functions are recognized.

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#2]
The only one I know about

JoshK(Posted 2006) [#3]
Fails to compile a program:

Building MapViewer
Compiling:MapViewer.bmx
flat assembler version 1.66
4 passes, 0.3 seconds, 522621 bytes.
Linking:MapViewer.exe
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lnewton
Build Error: Failed to link E:/Projects/Engine/MapViewer.exe
Process complete

JoshK(Posted 2006) [#4]
Okay, I had to change the module source to import newton.a, and it worked.

Are there any BlitzMax demos that use this?

H&K(Posted 2006) [#5]
Some of the eliza demos do. That one with the stack of blue boxes definatly

Edit: Ahh, I see its from elisa page that you got it anyway

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#6]
This?

JoshK(Posted 2006) [#7]
His mod doesn't seem to work, and is based on an unknown version of the SDK. This will load the latest dll, but it still needs work:

gman(Posted 2006) [#8]
i have a WIP newton mod. i have the functions for collision detection done. my goal was to document those functions and then move on to the physics portion. its probably only at 50% for completion. id be more than happy to give you what i have. i want to finish up my OPCODE mod first before i go back to work on it.

EDIT: here it is. not sure it will help you or not since its WIP. please note that the documentation is not complete. there are many more functions in there but not yet documented. i can guarantee it will be finished at some point, but not within the next month or so. although if you really needed it right away i would try my best to hammer it out as fast as i can.

http://www.gprogs.com/pub.newtongamedynamics/2006_10_27_newtongamedynamics.mod.WIP.zip

extract and place newtongamedynamics.mod into mod/pub.mod

JoshK(Posted 2006) [#9]
I added you on MSN.

My module initializes, and I can get and set rigid body orientations, but my ForceAndTorqueCallback never gets called.

Hmmmm...

The problem is actually that a call to NewtonBodySetMatrix() prevents the callback function from getting called! This makes no sense.

--EDIT--

I was setting the world size in the wrong place. My module works fine now.

The only problem I have is convering Newton matrices to b3d-like Eulers. They don't seem to work with any of my matrix-euler functions.