BRL Request

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BRL Request

REDi(Posted 2006) [#1]
I love modules, its a great way of adding extras to blitzmax, its just a shame that so many of them are getting lost in the forums and across the web, it would be great if we could have a forum just for user made mods, or perhaps a mods archive?

It would also be good to be able to give syncmods a url to check for updates? ( long shot, I know )

*CHEEKY EDIT*
@skid, did you miss my request in the topic ... http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=64215
just in case ;)

Kev(Posted 2006) [#2]
i agree, mods archive gets my vote.

VIP3R(Posted 2006) [#3]
I proposed the same thing a while ago...

http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=58827

No response from BRL unfortunately :/

Picklesworth(Posted 2006) [#4]
I agree. Code archives don't quite cut it for modules.

Maybe just a duplicate of the Toolbox with some different writing would suffice?

My favourite solution would be if BRL hosted unofficial modules so that we could upload the to this very site and not have to worry about the crazy modserver stuff :)

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2006) [#5]
A public mod server (not necessarily hosted by BRL) that the IDE can sync with would do the job.

Perturbatio(Posted 2006) [#6]
A public mod server (not necessarily hosted by BRL) that the IDE can sync with would do the job.

I was thinking about this a few dayas ago, but it would require a change to the way syncmods is done because username and password are transmitted. Presumably they could be swiped by unscrupulous people quite easily.

kfprimm(Posted 2006) [#7]
Contact simonh, I think he's the one that handles adding/changing forums.

Fabian.(Posted 2006) [#8]
I'd prefer a public modserver, where users can upload their modules (like it already exists in Germany.)

GfK(Posted 2006) [#9]
Syncmods would be better if it worked like Windows Update, i.e. "these 3 modules have been updated - tick which ones you want to download".

Fabian.(Posted 2006) [#10]
By the way I think it should finally be possible to syncmods from different scopes with the MaxIDE like this:

(I took the picture from my version of the IDE)