think i found a Blide bug

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/think i found a Blide bug

D4NM4N(Posted 2006) [#1]
This probably wont matter to most but may do if you use a system like me:

I have a main linux server with all my files stored on it. All my other pcs ie laptop, xbox, windows desktop etc connect to this for access to my p:\ m:\ v:\ net drives.

When using blide on my laptop, if the wireless connection drops for any reason and i try to compile blide crashes with an exception, loosing all changes, rather than simply saying 'location no longer exists' or something.

other than that, its an awesome bit o kit :)

GfK(Posted 2006) [#2]
Try using the bug report option from within BLIde itself rather than posting on forums. That way you know the author is definitely going to see it.

H&K(Posted 2006) [#3]
Or if you feel you must post the errors here. (I do because I find the bug report doesnt work), then look for the "current" BLide thread, and just post at the End of that.

Booticus(Posted 2006) [#4]
In Blide, go under tools and there should be a "report blide bug" thingy in there. I just found out about it the other day. :)

D4NM4N(Posted 2006) [#5]
Will do in future, I figured if i posted it here anyone who uses a centralized file system on their lan should heed the warning. Its not a big problem just annoying especially if you havent saved for a while :O

Blide is awesome however and am very happy with it.

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#6]
this will be fixed in next BLIde update, for those who work with network drives.