IDE Request - please alphabetize!

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/IDE Request - please alphabetize!

JoshK(Posted 2006) [#1]
There's a windows message to send to a treeview to alphabetize the nodes. Please, please, please implement this in the IDE to make the side display more useful. Right now it is almost unusable in a complicated program. This is what I have to look through to find debug information:

H&K(Posted 2006) [#2]
Right, I have no problem with this idea, As long as I can also have them in definition order. To be honest its one of the few things wrong with BLide, that you have to have them in alphabetical order.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#3]
I bought this up a while ago, and yeah I agree it would be cool to be able to toggle. My code has a hideous long list too.

H&K(Posted 2006) [#4]
@Grey,

Yep you did bring it up, and Im sure I said exactly the same last time, that Blide is annoying because it always puts them in alphabetical order.

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#5]
@H&K: This is one of the things that will be improved with the new core engine. alphabetical order will be optional.

H&K(Posted 2006) [#6]
Ahhh, But Ziggy, once Blide is perfect, Who will talk about it?

computercoder(Posted 2006) [#7]
How about everyone that can't use it in Mac or Linux? :P

It's great for Windows, but I (along with others) would sure love to see it hit the other OS platforms :)

Till then, I guess I'll code it in Windows, and compile it under Linux... <g>

Koriolis(Posted 2006) [#8]
You might be able to use Blide on Linux and and Mac using Mono. That's certainly worth a try.

fredborg(Posted 2006) [#9]
For the debugger it makes perfect sense, as it shows the code in the order it's being executed. Sorting it wouldn't really do anyone any good.

For the code list it would be nice to have it alphabetized though.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#10]
For calling stack, alphabethical logically makes no sense, but as you see on the screen above with the type fields, thats a place where sorting actually makes sense, because there is no execution order, they are init or set, not executed ^^

JoshK(Posted 2006) [#11]
Here is a link for the TreeView macro to call:
http://windowssdk.msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms650373(VS.80).aspx

fredborg(Posted 2006) [#12]
Maybe, but they are in the same order you have typed them in the code. That seems like the most logical solution to me.

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#13]
Just to mention, the internal BlitzMax debuger gives a tree-like order in a stream, and the tree creation in the debugers is made at the same time, in a separated thread, that makes it very difficult to sort anything without affecting, at last partially, the performance... so it is not as easy as it seems.