IGlass Feature Requests

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/IGlass Feature Requests

Sean Doherty(Posted 2006) [#1]
Please post your IGlass feature requests here:

H&K(Posted 2006) [#2]
I know that at face value this seems like a good idea, but surly it would be better to post Iglass requests on Iglass's purchase page. Which for those who dont know is a page on the site linked to by that little French flag in the top left corner

Sean Doherty(Posted 2006) [#3]
Just trying to deflect some of the fire from the other thread.

H&K(Posted 2006) [#4]
I wouldnt bother if I was you. I find it a lot simpler to say my peice on the relevent thread and leave it at that.
The problem with this sort of thread, is that its just as likly to fan the flames as not to.

In this case, what good is it going to do either you or Filax? You must have either already commited yourself to HighGui, or as you said in Diablos thread started to write your own Gui code. And apart from bug fixes Filax has no need, (and from the amount of time hes spending on terred pro no time), to add things to a product which was sold as finished. If you have a specific bug, then yes he will almost certainly fix it, but otherwise he probably wont.

I already have BCF for B3d, so knew what to expect from IGlass, yet I can see how you would have hoped that it would have been more. However I think somtimes people have been spoilt by there expectations of third party mods by the people who lie, (no names) about how brilliant there product is, and by BRL's policy of making it better all the time.

After a while, and Im sure you already think this, you know what to expect from the indiviguals who sell these sort of things. For example if/when you got terraed, it was in effect a finished product that did exactly what it said it did. I, as many people, kept waiting for new things to be added, (which did happen), but after a while I realised that what it did was what it said it was going to do, and that was it.

One of the posts, not long ago on the general thread was how much is the upgrade for Bmax. And it took quite a few posts before it was made clear that it was free. And even them when the results were published on another board he hedged his bets and "estimated" 50% of original cost. Because continual update isnt normal (It is for BRL, Pure and others, but its seems that they are the minority). Normal is you get the product, get some patches for the product and then pay for the next revision. It annoies me to this day that I spent nearly a weeks wages on VS C++6, and appart from two service packs, no update.

Sean Doherty(Posted 2006) [#5]
Private Conersation with H&K

A while back, I took a look at the HighGui source code and decided that it would be best to write by own GUI. I still don't have all the controls that are in HighGui, but I understand the current limitation. I really only need a scroll box and I'm good to go.

I'm kind of surprised by the number of people using Max to develop something other than games and development tools for max. I guess I thought there would be more shareware developers on this site.

Also, I'm surprised by the low expectations of some of the people on this forum. Have you tried the Grey Alien framework? I might have actually used it is he used hungarian notation and I knew about it earlier in my project.

Filax(Posted 2006) [#6]
Hi guys

I thinks that "move the fire" is a good idea, the previous
topic made me crazy !! and makes me really sorrow...

Plan for the next release :

- First i plan to remove the mod ! because there is some
problems when BRL update blitzmax ! and it's important
for intel mac users !

- Next i'll try to re-check the fontwidth() & fontheight()
commands, to using other TTF with IGlass.

AlexO(Posted 2006) [#7]

- First i plan to remove the mod ! because there is some
problems when BRL update blitzmax ! and it's important
for intel mac users !

would this mean that iglass users would have access to the source? I would like that. Would help in integrating iglass into my projects a bit easier.

Filax(Posted 2006) [#8]
Yes the previous module is now called :
Inc_Kernel.bmx

It's much easier :) I'm working on the font
change, it work better than blitzmax 1.18 :)
but i have some minor glith if you change
font size.

I'm working on.

SpaceAce(Posted 2006) [#9]
Filax,
I've been considering purchasing IGlass. I didn't buy it yet because I wasn't sure if it was being actively developed. I'm glad to see you are still working on it.

Something I noticed in the IGlass demo: When I click on a scrollbar and drag it, the scroll bar stops moving if the mouse moves off the bar. This really bothers me! I have to move the mouse really, really slow to keep the pointer over the scroll bar. I think that, as long as I hold down the mouse button, the scroll bar should move with the mouse.

SpaceAce

Filax(Posted 2006) [#10]
This problem is fixed, dont panic :)

AlexO(Posted 2006) [#11]

Yes the previous module is now called :
Inc_Kernel.bmx

any idea on when you'll mail out the update? I don't think I got your last update though :<. I remember e-mailing you my new e-mail addy as my old one is no longer in use.

Filax(Posted 2006) [#12]
hi alex the last i have is :

Alexander O
alex to N-Dream.net

It is the good ?

AlexO(Posted 2006) [#13]
no, that's the incorrect one.
it's
alex at enddream.com

H&K(Posted 2006) [#14]
Edit: Removed to avoid spammer robots

Filax(Posted 2006) [#15]
In french is called : "Arobace" :) But i think that
alex write the email with AT to avoid the spammer
robots

French peoples are "aware" with technology ;)))

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#16]
so thats the reason they tell ordinateur instead of computer although even japanese word is computa? ^^

Filax(Posted 2006) [#17]
For the moment :

---------------
Version 1.5.6 :
---------------

- ComboBox minor graphic glitch with text and icon fixed

- ListBox minor graphic glitch with text and icon fixed

- PushButton minor graphic glitch with text fixed

- Progress bar bug fixed (thanks to siread)

- Scrollbar don't lost focus when pressed now :) happy SpaceAce ?

- You can now choose another font for Iglass :) happy Sean Doherty ?

H&K(Posted 2006) [#18]
haha, that just shows that the Japanese havent really got there own word for it.

Sean Doherty(Posted 2006) [#19]
filax,

I'm not sure if this is a new release or a planned release? If it is a new release, I didn't get the email?

Thanks

Filax(Posted 2006) [#20]
Oops sorry ! no i'm working on ! you features (font)
need many changes :) I hate you !! :))) The menus and
the combobox are a little bit capricious :)

Sean Doherty(Posted 2006) [#21]
filax,

You might also want to consider moving the module out of pub.mod. Everytime, there is a Blitz update, the module gets blown away.

Thanks

Filax(Posted 2006) [#22]
The module ? :) what module :))) do you smoke drug sean ?

I'm joke.. The module is removed, Iglass now is only bmx
code.

Sean Doherty(Posted 2006) [#23]
Great, because I upgrade MAx to 1.22 yeterday and it removed both FMOD and IGlass modules.

Arowx(Posted 2006) [#24]
I've only had a little bit of experience with IGlass, and when I attemp to use it I always want to extend one of the objects and create my own, in the process of doing this the Create Functions always get in the way.

So I would alter the IGlass object to have a Setup method that is called from create.

If this approach is right would it be worth having Setup methods for all components to allow inheritance and extension of the basic components.

This could allow for user based extension and components?

Regards

Merx

Filax(Posted 2006) [#25]
It's really simple to add you hown control ! i'll try to make
a quick tutorial.but for information look inside in the
master.bmx and iglass.bmx you can see the different
class for redraw.

kfprimm(Posted 2006) [#26]
Sean, in your BlitzMax directory there is a UpdateBackup folder, search in there for your modules that went missing

Sean Doherty(Posted 2006) [#27]
I backed them up on my own anyway. Just saying it would be best if peopel didn't but modules pub.mod because of this reason.

Arowx(Posted 2007) [#28]
Any updates on IGlass?

Filax(Posted 2007) [#29]
Yes the next coming soon. Some bug removed, and the module is
removed too.