Compiler Error in Debug mode!

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Compiler Error in Debug mode!

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#1]
Help! This morning I got this error when compiling in Debug mode:

Building X
Compiling:X.bmx
flat assembler  version 1.66
4 passes, 0.5 seconds, 1340733 bytes.
Linking:X.debug.exe
C:/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/win32.mod/win32.debug.win32.x86.a(kernel32.bmx.debug.win32.x86.o)(code+0x3c): undefined reference to `bbOnDebuoLeaveScope'
Build Error: Failed to link C:/BlitzMax/Jake/X/X.debug.exe
Process complete

The only odd thing I can see is "bbOnDebuoLeaveScope" looks like it should say Debug not Debuo, but I haven' really got a clue about this.

I'm using 1.22 (but haven't done a sync mods since). The weird thing is it just broke and I hadn't even made any changes! I was actually creating and testing levels and I just hit F5 like normal and this came up. I'd compiled normally a few minnutes before. It works with debug mode turned off btw.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#2]
Turn off Quick build?

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#3]
thanks but it is off.

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#4]
Why don't you rebuild all your modules? (Just to ensure it is not being caused by a corrupted object file)

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#5]
try deleting the "BMX" folder from your source folder, that caused me problems before even with quick build off I think!

X.. hmm.. are you 8.33% of your way through "Xmas Bonus 2"?

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#6]
I would bet that the function it wanted to call is OnDebugLeaveScope

Try to resync. One potential problem that can come up is just fragmentation ... which either can be solved by syncing or if that does not help, use defrag (and scandisc eventually)

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#7]
Thanks I'll try a rebuit and failing that, a resync.

Cyg. Haha well spotted, actually I hid my current game's name. XB2 is still at the planning stage but with 2 artists and a musician on board.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#8]
Today it compiles in debug mode and I didn't resync or rebuild, weird.