Tabbers and ClearGadgetItems()

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Tabbers and ClearGadgetItems()

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#1]
Do I need to ClearGadgetItems to clean up correctly after a tabber? If I just go ahead and free it, is that enough to ensure that all resources will be freed or do I have to ClearGadgetItems() on it as well?

I'd be quite happy to ClearGadgetItems() just to be on the safe side, but I'm getting a crash because it's an invalid gadget type when I do that. I'm not sure why. It's not a general BlitzMax problem, so it must be something to do with the way I treat Tabbers that stops this from being permitted, and I haven't found it.

So if I don't have to, that'll save me trying to solve this. If I do, off I go to sort through tons of code trying to figure out what I'm doing which is causing this.

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#2]
Hmm.. never mind. Something seems to have been messed up when I built modules yesterday. MaxGUI rebuilt fine, but Win32MaxGUI won't rebuild, it has errors. I'm guessing that MaxGUI rebuilding and Win32MaxGUI not rebuilding has caused a problem here. I'm not going to struggle working out how to fix Win32MaxGUI so I guess I'll have to uninstall and reinstall to fix this.