Microphone in max

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Microphone in max

*(Posted 2006) [#1]
Is it possible to capture microphone input (ie what its picking up) in max, if its possible does someone have an source code example that I could have a look at. It would be greatly appreciated :)

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#2]
1 out of 5 hits including your own which mention "microphone"
Recognise it?

Brucey(Posted 2006) [#3]
No harm in asking every few months...

Portaudio might do the business - do a search on the forums for it ;-)

*(Posted 2006) [#4]
tonyg none of them are very explanetary, will look for PortAudio just wondered if it could be done in Max native code.

*(Posted 2006) [#5]
Does anyone have the portaudio source or package as my Programming machine doesnt have internet access so I cant use syncmods etc...

Nigel Brown(Posted 2006) [#6]
PortAudio definatly works I am using it. Beware of debug mode and callbacks though causes random crashes that I never thought I would find the source.

*(Posted 2006) [#7]
could someone email me the package to ed@... as my programming machine does not have internet access for me to do the syncmods thing.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#8]
and how do you keep your BM up to date without?
most updates come long before major releases with installer through syncmod only.

H&K(Posted 2006) [#9]
tonyg none of them are very explanetary, will look for PortAudio just wondered if it could be done in Max native code.

I dont see how none of them are very explanetary, as you were given exactly the same answer last time and you excepted that answer.

All you had to do was search, and you would see that nothing had changed, (ie no new threads), and that you were going to get the same answer as last time.

Buy a usb memory stick, or just a psp, install bmax on it) and download stuff at work. (And dont say I cannot do that at work, or how are you going to download anything emailed to you)

*(Posted 2006) [#10]
H&K: Ah but the there are no source examples that I could asertain that done what I was looking for or came close, yes the thread list hasnt changed but that still doesnt answer the question I asked. Also having Max on a Mamory stick makes it run pig slow on both my computers.

H&K(Posted 2006) [#11]
Edzup,

Wasnt having a go, just shocked.

When its installed on a memory stick, you dont have to run it from the memory stick, you just copy the Bmax directory wholesale onto your "Programming computer". I know this because I was in the same situation as you, I Installed it on the PSP at work, and ran sync from there, then went home, installed it on my home computer, then just copied the Instalation from the PSP ontop of the installation on my home computer.

Then every couple of weeks sync mods at work from the PSP, then go home and Repeat the whole copy thing again

*(Posted 2006) [#12]
thats ok, will try to dig out me 256Mb stick :)