Irrlicht mod finally updated

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Irrlicht mod finally updated

gman(Posted 2006) [#1]
im happy to say the Irrlicht mod has finally been updated to be Irrlicht v1.1 compatible. the landscape of the mod has changed quite a bit, hopefully for the better.

http://www.gprogs.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=1

enjoy :)

Picklesworth(Posted 2006) [#2]
May I be the first to say: Hooray for GMan!

I'll be playing with it shortly.
I think this time I will use plain Irrlicht with (the old) IrrB3d as a reference to do some of those little things like move an object :)

Don't need to do much other than physics integration and materials, so I could start off nice and slow.

Nennig(Posted 2006) [#3]
May I be the second one?
Thanks a million gman!

mongia2(Posted 2006) [#4]
big works!!

mongia

i tested your mod
in win xp sp 2 and amd 2800 5700 nvida

all example workS!

mongia

taumel(Posted 2006) [#5]
Hi,

is there a osx version?

Regards,

taumel

popcade(Posted 2006) [#6]
Must say this is very great.

Thanks gman.

gman(Posted 2006) [#7]
thanks everyone. the new features of this update IMO greatly improves the mod. through the redesign i was able to resolve some of the things in the back of my head that were really bothering me.

@taumel - not yet. i plan on giving it another try tonight.

taumel(Posted 2006) [#8]
Okay thanks for the info. Wish you good luck!

JonasL(Posted 2006) [#9]
@taumel: The MacOS X version of Irrlicht 1.1 still has a lot of issues. The version that is in the downloadable SDK actually doesn't even compile on Mac. You need to check out the latest SVN revision to compile it on Mac. It has lots of endian issues on PPC. Frankly, I would not expect a working PPC Mac version any day soon. Intel Macs is another issue, but I haven't got one. :(

EDIT: There is new revision that hybrid says should fix almost all edian issues! ;) I'm checking it out and compiling it now.

taumel(Posted 2006) [#10]
Okay thanks for the notice. It seems like it just takes a little bit more time till this one will be ready.

MadsNy(Posted 2006) [#11]
GMan. as you handle say.. GreatMan.. truely thanks for the great work, i have a cookie if you like one. :).

now there is only one tiny problem, theres no way out of this, what to create in 3D :) hehe..
i would love to do wome webcam and 3D stuff. but all the webcam classes i find is extreamly slow or buggy, (same goes for C#). so i was thinking, are there any 3D engine with inbuild super duper and extremly fast webcam api.. :)

LarsG(Posted 2006) [#12]
probably not..

Nikko(Posted 2006) [#13]
Wow great, and it works! You did an extremely professional work!

Picklesworth(Posted 2006) [#14]
I really like the new structure here. The old arrangement felt really bulky, but the way it is set up now is much nicer with all the files in one place.

I am still encountering all sorts of problems with mesh loading.
With many files I tried to load the mesh simply did not appear, meshes sometimes had faces facing the wrong way, or, if they did work, the mesh was not lit properly. (Colour values for entity materials always just ended up being all or nothing, no matter what I set to the contrary, though lights seemed to work fine).
For that colouring trouble, I even tracked down the associated variables all the way to the time the command is called within Irrlicht, and it stayed fine the whole way. (Probably nothing going wrong with GMan's code).

My question:
Has anyone else encountered problems with loading meshes into this Irrlicht module?
What kind of files were these, and what tools were they created with?
Do you know a way to avoid such problems?

Luke.H(Posted 2006) [#15]
Mr. Picklesworth:

Do some meshes work fine? Have you tried disabling lights on the mesh, or calling setAmbientLight in the driver?

I know Irrlicht has trouble loading .x meshes from some exporters there are tips on the Irrlicht forums to deal with this.

If you have any trouble loading b3d meshes tell me, I’ll try and help you out.