New BLIde version released

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/New BLIde version released

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#1]
The new BLIde version (0.7.57) has been released. you can download it a http://www.blide.org

for newcomers, BLIde is a free IDE (integrated development environment) for BlitzMax.

Hope you find it useful.

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2006) [#2]
Great, thanks!

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#3]
There are several improvements on this version, one of the most importants is the AddOns system. Now you can link Framework Assistant with BLIde.

To do so:

1- Open the BLIde AddOn Manager (from your start menu on windows, after installing BLIde)

2- Select Actions / Add an application

3- Enter an AddOn name (the name will appear in the AddOns menu, a good name can be Framework Assistant) also select the Framework assistant EXE file, and in the field named AddOn Style, select 'Code Processor'.

4.- Close the AddOn Manager

Now, if you start BLIde, you can select the Framework Assistant from the AddOns menu. doing so, framework assistant will automaticaly analize the file you're editing.

You can donwload the last version of Framework Assistant here:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/config/fa/index.htm

You need BLIde 0.7.57 and Frameword Assistant 2.07 to make this possible.

GfK(Posted 2006) [#4]
Good stuff - will take a look later. :))

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#5]
Nice work ziggy, especially the integrated use of FA :)

GfK(Posted 2006) [#6]
Just had a quick play with the new version and its looking great.

I'd like to see this as the official Windows BlitzMax IDE. Its far superior to any other.

H&K(Posted 2006) [#7]
Its more then far superior. Without the sort of type functionality an oop language is tiesome to use. Ive been saying since I moved from b3d that this is the only IDE you should use even if it was unstable in earler releases.

Well done Ziggy

Mark. Buy this from ziggy as the ide

Bremer(Posted 2006) [#8]
Thank you for your continuesly work on this splendid IDE. Another donation is on its way to you. Keep up the great work.

Picklesworth(Posted 2006) [#9]
Wonderful!

I was just thinking about this last night.

Jason W.(Posted 2006) [#10]
Thanks Ziggy!!

Jason

Smurftra(Posted 2006) [#11]
very nice but... followed your instructions and cant get the framework assistant work. It just does nothing

Booticus(Posted 2006) [#12]
Hey fantastic as always Ziggy!

Question: When you link framework assistant, does all it do is open the app itself? It doesn't automagically pass the source code directly to it? Not complaining at all, just curious if it should be doing something more or not. :) I think you're due for another donation!

Cajun17(Posted 2006) [#13]
Nice work as always Ziggy.

I agree with H&K that max's ide should be more like BLIde, but since BLIde runs on .NET it'll have to be something else.

I was thinking about trying to tweak Code::Blocks to work with max. I don't know how much work it would take to make it not feel clumsy. I've only used to for C++ which was what it was originally designed for.

EOF(Posted 2006) [#14]
very nice but... followed your instructions and cant get the framework assistant work. It just does nothing
Just to confirm .. Have you set the BlitzMax root folder via FrameWork Assistants Max menu?
FA needs to know where BlitzMax has been installed so it can go fishing in the mod folder.

Smurftra(Posted 2006) [#15]
no, i had not done so. Thanks it fixed my problem!

Filax(Posted 2006) [#16]
Hi ziggy !

Great update ! blide seem more speed when startup ! :)
i notify alway some little problems with syntax color
but this version seem work better :)

Good job ziggy ! thank for this great IDE.

Can you explain how link blide and framework assistant ?
because i don"t find where i can add an addon (menu blocked)

So, can you remove my account on the blide forum ? because i
have change my email adress ! and i have forget my password

Why blide is not the standar Bmax IDE !!! ??? Mark !! Ziggy
maybe you can find a deal with Mark ??

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#17]
I have to agree with H&K, this does indeed take the pain out of remembering every method you ever wrote. I played with the last beta version and was very impressed. To the point where I'm now setting up project files for all my ( public and private ) modules and moving over to Blide fulltime.

Really great work.

Picklesworth(Posted 2006) [#18]
Hm... any chance we could get the default colours as set within Windows for text highlight backgrounds and such?

I believe there is a simple API call for it, somewhere.

dmaz(Posted 2006) [#19]
ziggy, with the install, can you allow the user to choose the where the start menu shortcuts will be installed? In my start menu -> All Programs, I have a folder called programming. it would be great if I could choose that and the BLIde folder would go there. thanks

dmaz(Posted 2006) [#20]
I love the new settings window... the tabs are much better. but I get this

also, can you have an option to turn off the menu scrolling. it far nicer when menu's just appear when you click on them and don't have to wait for them to open up.

oh yeah, I agree with Mr P. I like my colors darker so all the white is a little distracting

Great Job, I think one more beta and you've got a sale!

dmaz(Posted 2006) [#21]
another... I don't think this is new but it went and capped all my x and y varibles. it also colorized the X.

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#22]
@filax: To add an AddOn, you don't have to use BLIde, you have to use 'BLIde AddOn Manager' wich may be in your start menu programs, in the same place BLIde was installed. then follow the instructions I have given. It may be easy.

@Mr. Picklesworth: I don't understand your request. (sorrY) what do you exactly want BLIde to do with windows colors?

@dmaz:
with the install, can you allow the user to choose the where the start menu shortcuts will be installed?

I don't know how to do this with the visual studio .net setup engine. It may be an easy thing to do, but I don't know exactly how. if some one could lend a hand in this particular issue....

Filax(Posted 2006) [#23]
Many thanks ziggy :) it work correctly !

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#24]
@Filax: your account has been deleted from the BLIde comunity, as you told me to do.

@Everyone: if you experience any bug or something runing BLIde, please use the Bug Report in the Tools menu. thanks :D`

@Booticus: An Add On is an external EXE that receives the BMX file you're editing as a parameter (code processor), nothing (stand alone) or the EXE name of your bmx file (debuger). you can create your own code processors and link them to BLIde. Just take in consideration that BLIde source code can be either in Latin1 encoding or in unicode (if required).

Sean Doherty(Posted 2006) [#25]
ziggy,

Very nice! As always I have a list:

1) When I double click on source files in the project dependencies tree, they do not always open the first time. Basically, it seems that they are opened and a tab is created, but I have to double click again to view.

2) Whe I first started Blide the text color of my code was wrong for a second. I haven't noticed it lately.

3) In the edit, if I double click on a work, it highlight. However, there is no right click with a copy or a cut option?

That all for now...

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#26]
@Sean:
1) - I can't reproduce it here, anyone else having this issue?

2) It can the text renderer initializing. Butyou shouldn't have this bug... If it hapens often, just let me know

3) Yes, there's an option called Edit Actions, there you have all edit actions (cut, copy, etc). It has been put inside a subgroup in the menu, becouse I think most people use directly the shortcuts, and this menu was getting too large for some screen resolutions.

:D

Sean Doherty(Posted 2006) [#27]
1) You have to double click for the issue to happen.
3) Cut, copy, and paste are used to often IMHO to be a menu deeper?

Hotcakes(Posted 2006) [#28]
I'd agree with 3).

Sean Doherty(Posted 2006) [#29]
Also, one my machine, if you select the following code and right click, the context menu is the entire size of the desktop:

If m_fSpeedX > TopSpeed
			m_fSpeedX = TopSpeed
		Else If Abs(m_fSpeedX) > TopSpeed
			m_fSpeedX = -TopSpeed
		End If

If m_fSpeedY > TopSpeed
			m_fSpeedY = TopSpeed
		Else If Abs(m_fSpeedY) > TopSpeed
			m_fSpeedY = -TopSpeed
		End If	

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#30]
@Sean: Yes, this bug was reported by GameBoy and it has been fixed for next release. it is caused by the Jump to Definition algorithm.

Tachyon(Posted 2006) [#31]
WOW! I am a diehard standard BlitzMax IDE user, but recent bugs have forced me to look for an alternative IDE. BLIde is absolutely amazing. If anyone hasn't yet tried the latest version, I recommend taking a look.

Thank you very much Ziggy for the hours and effort you've put into this.

[edit] Um, I still think BLIde is impressive, but it just locked up on me as I was selecting text (using Mouse1 to highlight a block of text I wanted to copy). <sigh> I'll give the CE IDE another try.

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#32]
@Tachyon: Can you give me some extra info on how did it happen? did it happen when you where selecting text, or when you where pressing right button to see the pop-up menu