Macbook Pro Gyro Sensor

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Macbook Pro Gyro Sensor

daaan(Posted 2006) [#1]
Does anyone have any idea on how I can access the gyro sensor in the mac book pro? I want to play around with it in Blitz Max.

Thanks for the help.

Brucey(Posted 2006) [#2]
Here's a nice place to start...

http://www.osxbook.com/book/bonus/chapter10/ams/

daaan(Posted 2006) [#3]
Thanks for the link. I have the AMS Tracker which is a terminal application that gets the orientation of your computer. Is there a way to get that data from blitz? Also I tried AMS2HID and it does not work well enough for a game.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#4]
I don't think it will work at all for a game ...
Too exhausting (its not like a GBA which has 200g weight nor is it as portable) and while gyro-ing input is nearly impossible.

And I don't take the physical stress on the system into account (forces on the hinges of the backcover etc)

Will(Posted 2006) [#5]
Regardless of whether it will work in most kinds of gameplay, its aweseome, implement it, and show us the code!

I'd love to make the computer like a window - you move it, it detects the motion, and moves the view!

ragtag(Posted 2006) [#6]
Someone made a lightsaber sound ting for iBook/MacBook, where the computer would make lightsaber sounds when you swung it around. I only read about it though and it was not written in Blitz. I wouldn't dare try it, too afraid I would get carried away and accidentally fling my iBook across the room. :-)

Ragnar