Another Frame limiting thread. Tween or delta?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Another Frame limiting thread. Tween or delta?

Amon(Posted 2006) [#1]
I've searched the forums and found a couple of threads that deal with frame limiting. One thread discussed tweening and the ohter delta timing.

Which one should I use?

Also, can anyone post a simple delta time or tweening example that I could just plug in to my code and get up and running without too much hassle?

I've tried indiepaths Deltatiming code but it doesn't work. I get screen flicker and the NOSYNC flag for graphics doesn't seem to work anymore.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#2]
I've tried indiepaths Deltatiming code but it doesn't work. I get screen flicker and the NOSYNC flag for graphics doesn't seem to work anymore.

Correction, it's your code that does not work. All of the Indiepath Games use this code and they *ALL* work :)

kfprimm(Posted 2006) [#3]
Flip(0)?

Amon(Posted 2006) [#4]
Hi! You're both correct. Flip 0 fixed it. Does NOSYNC not work anymore?

kfprimm(Posted 2006) [#5]
nope

Fetze(Posted 2006) [#6]
What's Tweening and what's Delta-Timing? I use one of them, but I'm not sure, which one *g*

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#7]
Amon, you've got my framework, why not copy out the fixedratelogic/delta time code, it works very well indeed (just don't post it on the forums ;-)).

Amon(Posted 2006) [#8]
Hi Grey. I'll take a look. :)

In the meantime does this look ok or am I doing something wrong? What happens is that didly moves really slow for 5px per frame loop.

[CodeSnipped]

I think I fixed it. Will post if I haven't. :)

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#9]
cool, hope you've sorted it. Sometimes a fresh look is good.