Universal Map Editor Module?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Universal Map Editor Module?

Cartman(Posted 2006) [#1]
Does anyone know if there is an updated version of the Universal Map Editor module for BlitzMax? I've discovered an older version on the net, but it's not compatible with the latest version of BM. I've tried the forums on the dev site, but there is little or no activity.

If anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it.

The map editor(UME) is located here:
http://www.mapeditor.de.vu/

MrCredo, can you shed some light on this? I really love this editor.

Thanks

Cartman(Posted 2006) [#2]
OK. I've edited the original module and fixed it(I hope). You can download it here, if anyone's interested.
www.piddlepup.com/files/Mapeditor-Bmaxenginev1.20.rar

Enjoy.
-Keith

popcade(Posted 2006) [#3]
Thanks, it works.

I can't compile RPG.bmx tho with current sync.
with some identifier not found probs.

Cartman(Posted 2006) [#4]
Sorry about that. The RPG.bmx was from the sample directory that comes with UME. It was orginally a BlitzBasic file. I hadn't finished converting it so it was broken.

I've updated the link with a cleaned up version with only the things that work.

Also, on a side note, I tried the engine with a hex map and it worked beautifully.

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#5]
All the.bmx files seem corrupt and contain just 'þÿ'

RetroRusty(Posted 2006) [#6]
@tonyg

This seems to be a problem with the Max IDE. I can open the text.bmx file in BLIde with no errors.

Thanks

Cartman(Posted 2006) [#7]
Yeah. They were opened in Blide. I'll export them and repackage.

Cartman(Posted 2006) [#8]
OK. New package up there.

Blide saved them as Big Endian. If this happens to anyone again, simply open the file in notepad and then save it, choosing ANSI as the output type.

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#9]
Just to mention, there was a incompatibility bug in Max IDE CE with unicode files, I think they're solving it. (next BLIde version saves to ANSI (asuming LANTIN1) unless it is needed by the existance of 16 bit chars in the source).

MrCredo(Posted 2006) [#10]
nice port to blitzmax... but i do not tested it yet...
i think i should add this later to download-package...

i planed long time ago new UME 2.0 (with complete new user interface; easier to use) - but i had no time... :-(
here is also only very small market for this tool.

Abomination(Posted 2008) [#11]
Is the pro version still available?
Or is there indeed a UME 2.0?

cheers
(bumping the night away...)

tonyg(Posted 2008) [#12]
MrCredo made an announcement here that support and development was finished so gave away the source to registered owners. You might want to use email in case he'll sell a one-off.