IGlass 1.5.5 with BMax 1.20

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/IGlass 1.5.5 with BMax 1.20

Scott Shaver(Posted 2006) [#1]
I want to start working on an old project of mine again and things have changed. When I compile with 1.20 it gives me the error:

Can't find interface for module 'pub.igl'

How can I fix this? The igl module that works with BMax 1.16 is in the BMax mod/pub.mod/igl.mod directory.

Help

Filax(Posted 2006) [#2]
Iglass for blitzmax 1.20 was delivered via an update
a long time ago scott :) Send me an email i'll re-send
to you.

For this kind of problem scott send me an email directly, it's
not very usefull to create a topic for this...

Fabian.(Posted 2006) [#3]
Sorry; I can't say the final solution for your problem, but here some tips:
*Check spelling of directory names/source files.
*Check upper case/lower case of the directory names.(no upper case letters allowed)
*Delete all files and folders created by the BMX compiler in the mod dir and then make a full rebuild/recompile of your module

EDIT:
Sorry; I didn't saw the post above, maybe it makes this unneeded

Scott Shaver(Posted 2006) [#4]
Filax - sent you an email

Okay so I had igl 1.5.4 in my project directory. I copied it to a 1.5.5 directory and unzipped the 1.5.5 update over top of it. I then copied the igl.mod directory from there into the bmax 1.20 mod/pub.mod directory giving me

/mod/pub.mod/igl.mod

I get the same error when I try to compile my project. There aren't any files to rebuild for IGlass because it still doesn't come with the source.

Scott Shaver(Posted 2006) [#5]
And I can't compile the example programs because I get an error in Inc_master.bmx saying the IGL_Timer isn't found.

Filax(Posted 2006) [#6]
I have not receive email scott, check my email adress in my
profile. Scott_shaver2000@y... It is the good adress ?

Scott Shaver(Posted 2006) [#7]
Yeah mail bounced. mine is scott_shaver2000 at yahoo.com

Filax(Posted 2006) [#8]
Sended

Scott Shaver(Posted 2006) [#9]
Thanks Filax.

Okay I used the new stuff you sent me and I still get both errors mentioned above. This must be another weird issue with bmax. BRL do you have any suggestions?

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#10]
I don't own IGlass but if it is a module, sure you rebuilt the module? (delete .a, .i and .bmx folder first)

Scott Shaver(Posted 2006) [#11]
Unfortunately I can't rebuild the module because it doesn't come with source. :(

Thanks though.

Fabian.(Posted 2006) [#12]
So what files do you have got?
Do you only have the .a and .i files?

Filax(Posted 2006) [#13]
try to launch docmods.exe or better, reinstall bmax 1.20 from
a fresh install and there is no problem :)

Scott Shaver(Posted 2006) [#14]
"Do you only have the .a and .i files? "

Yes, except for the examples and graphics. This seems to be the only module I'm having trouble with at the moment so something strange is going on.

Scott Shaver(Posted 2006) [#15]
Well I've got it running on the Mac guess I'll ontinue fighting the windows machine tomorrow.

Scott Shaver(Posted 2006) [#16]
filax, I sent you an email with the code to add a new Requester and a new control for iGlass. The control is a radio button it uses the same graphics as the checkbox. You use

Function Create:IGL_RadioButton(Parent:Object,Caption:String,Px:Int,Py:Int,State:Byte)

to create one. Just like the check box. Use ClickGadget() to tell if the state has changed.

The new requester is used to give the user a list of options that are mutually exclusive using the IGL_RadioButton type.

Function IGL_ChoiceBox(Title:String,Caption:String,Choice:String[],selected:Int,Icon:Int=1)

Pass in an array of choices and the index of the item you want selected by default. It returns the index of the item that is currently selected when the user clicks the okay button.

It would be nice to have this included in the next release.

Filax(Posted 2006) [#17]
I'll take a look scott many thanks :)

Scott Shaver(Posted 2006) [#18]
Hmm I'm having the same problem with the indiepath.Render2Texture module as well.

I wonder if has to do with modules that don't have the source code included.

Scott Shaver(Posted 2006) [#19]
Okay I got the iglass stuff working on the mac and windows machines. Thanks for the email with the new code filax. No to figure out the indiepath thing.