Using Aliases (feature request)

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Using Aliases (feature request)

-wyvern(Posted 2006) [#1]
I have, over time, constructed a rudimentry 'library' of useful blitz functions that is always growing. It's not practical to have it as a module, but I still want to import it into multiple programs in different folders. Using aliases (shortcuts) isn't supported by BMK, and it's a pain (as well as a little risky) to have to copy files over every time I want to recompile something using my library's latest code. I'm just wondering if you are planning to include this feature in a future version of Blitz?

Thanks.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#2]
Where is actually the problem with just importing the code.

Import "d:\blitzmax\libraries\somelib.bmx" (or include instead of import) works and all could bind against that single file, you only have to make sure that you disable quick build.

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#3]
It's not practical to have it as a module,

Why? That's what I do. I have one module made up of several smaller modules and just import that. So all I need to type is

Import Glimmer.Useful

And all my useful code is in there.

-wyvern(Posted 2006) [#4]
I guess I've been kind of timid about creating my own modules for fear of screwing up Blitz, when I should be holding my nose and diving in. Deep breaths...

H&K(Posted 2006) [#5]
I dont think you (or maybe I),know what Alias does.
Field x:int Alias Width
I dont see what that has to do moduals

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#6]
There is no problem, you can't screw anything with blitz.
Just create an own mod folder (like myown.mod/somemodule.mod). This won't be imported by default and normally even when you manually do so it won't create problems (when using framework it will for quite sure not cause any problems ;) )