Antialias changes

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Antialias changes

Raz(Posted 2006) [#1]
Blitzmax 1.09 =

Blitzmax 1.20 =

How do I create the same effect in 1.20 that I used to have in 1.09? ta!

(I did try searching for this but the page wouldnt load for me)

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#2]
Load it with the filtering flag applied, that should make look it correctly. (depening on the image, using setblend alphablend might make the results even better)

Raz(Posted 2006) [#3]
perfik, exactly it thank you :)

Yan(Posted 2006) [#4]

Yan(Posted 2006) [#5]
I'm pretty sure the difference between the above two images is because mipmapping was enabled by default in v1.09 ([edit]In fact, now I think about it, it was always on and there wasn't even a flag for it[/edit]) but not in v1.20 and the rocket image in Rockout is scaled down.

Filtering is already enabled by default in v1.20.

If you want the same default image loading behaviour in v1.20 as v1.09, use the following...
AutoImageFlags MASKEDIMAGE | FILTEREDIMAGE | MIPMAPPEDIMAGE

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#6]
BM 1.20 + DX -> Filtering only possible if mipmap active. or do I remember something wrong?

Always thought mipmap was the flag that is part of autoflag (together with maskedimage) and filtering needs to be added additionally

Yan(Posted 2006) [#7]
BM 1.20 + DX -> Filtering only possible if mipmap active. or do I remember something wrong?
Looks filtered to me...
Strict

Graphics 800, 600, 0

AutoMidHandle True
AutoImageFlags MASKEDIMAGE | FILTEREDIMAGE ' This is the default, but to make the point...

Local image:TImage=LoadImage(getenv_("BMXPATH") + "\doc\bmax120.png")

Repeat
    Cls

SetRotation MilliSecs() / 100.0
    DrawImage image, 400, 300

Flip
Until KeyHit(KEY_ESCAPE) Or AppTerminate()

End
...I think there was a bug to do with the filtering and mipmapping flags being used together at one point (I can't remember the details), perhaps you're thinking of that?

Always thought mipmap was the flag that is part of autoflag (together with maskedimage) and filtering needs to be added additionally
Nope, definitely the other way round. I even checked BRLMax2D, just to make sure I wasn't going completely senile. ;o)