Has SyncMods Changed CurrentDir() ?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Has SyncMods Changed CurrentDir() ?

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#1]
I've noticed that all my code which relies upon paths and folders has suddenly broken and I'm having to go back through pages and pages of code to fix it. I can't think of any other reason apart from a BlitzMax module. It's not like I've suddenly installed a new OS or anything.

For some reason, CurrentDir() is now returning paths with "/" instead of "\" which is probably clashing with some of the C libs I'm using ( escape codes ) and I guess it's not that big of a deal, but it would be nice to know that it's going to stay like this now, and I'm not going to have to change it back and forth on a regular basis.

H&K(Posted 2006) [#2]
Coor Gab, how come the SyncMods never break anything of mine ;) (Dont answer that)

There was a post about this. I think it was about how the Mac wanted it one way, and the Windows would take it either way (??), so probably they have decided to just have the one mac way.
(But.... well you know)

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#3]
Makes sense. I *think* I've managed to fix it in all the mods I'm currently using, but it sure is annoying to have wasted all that time. Be nice to know it's going to stay this way now though.

Of course, I've just discovered a much worse syncmods problem which has happened today, so it's clearly not my week.

skidracer(Posted 2006) [#4]
I just looked and I'm pretty sure nothing has changed regarding BlitzMax never returning backslashes in file based string functions.

How long between updgrades? We definitely need a simple backup system for syncmods, so you can switch between old and new brl modules so you can pin the blame proper.

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#5]
Hmm, well it sure is strange that the version I backed up on Sunday works perfectly if I change absolutely nothing except for this :

E.BaseFolder=E.BaseFolder.Replace("/","\")

But hey, if it wasn't BlitzMax that suddenly started returning different paths, maybe a Windows update that silently installed did it. I can't think of anything else.