Indiepath modules - still developed?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Indiepath modules - still developed?

DivineDominion(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi!

Someone pointed me to Indiepath's modules (calles "eXigo" now, I think) and sent me a copy of them. Unfortunately, the files are from Janaury 2006. Half a year passed since then and I actually can't use the modules at all.
I'm interested in the projection matrix to "zoom" the game's graphical content without the loss of speed I experience with GrabImage.

Well, I can't find any real news (http://blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=55716 suggests that one has to buy the modules in the future) so I ask here for hints and suggestions.
What's going on there?
Are there similiar solutions available? Didn't know what to search for ("zoom" results didn't help me), maybe you can help me out with search terms :)

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,
DivineDominion

Yan(Posted 2006) [#2]
Function VirtualGraphics(width=640, height=480)
?Win32
  Local D3D7Driver:TD3D7Max2DDriver = TD3D7Max2DDriver(_max2dDriver)

If D3D7Driver
    Local matrix#[] = [2.0 / width, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0,..
                  0.0, -2.0 / height, 0.0, 0.0,..
                  0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0,..
                  -1 - (1.0 / width), 1 + (1.0 / height), 1.0, 1.0]

D3D7Driver.device.SetTransform(D3DTS_PROJECTION, matrix)
  Else
? 
    glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION)
    glLoadIdentity()

glortho(0, width, height, 0, -1, 1)

glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW)
?Win32
  EndIf
?
End Function

DivineDominion(Posted 2006) [#3]
Now that was a rather easy thing I guess. Thought he did something spectacular :) Thanks!

But since I don't have a clue of how to use OGL, is there any way to disable that the graphics are resized "smoothly"? It's a small pixel graphics game, so not seeing any pixels is rather annoying :)

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#4]
Thought he did something spectacular :)

Nope just added functions that should already be there.

DivineDominion(Posted 2006) [#5]
Well, but what I wasn't able to find and therefore consider missing is an option to have this "zooming" without smoothing the graphics. I want to zoom by factor 2, it's an even number and should display fine. Is there any way to disable smoothing while resizing? I don't know, I just think there was an option to "pixelfy" images while using SetRotation etc., so it might work here as well, but I don't habe a clue what to search for :(

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#6]
If using BMs default commandset, not using IMAGEFILTERED on loading (is default so you have to set the loading flags) would take care that resizing pixelizes your graphics. If you disable/not use MIPMAP as well then it pixelizes on zoom larger and smaller.

DivineDominion(Posted 2006) [#7]
*sigh* I didn't set the image flags because loading them where I do currently is for testing only. I'm such a dork :) Thanks Dreamora