Compiler -r (release mode) option not working

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Compiler -r (release mode) option not working

ahobbit(Posted 2006) [#1]
Trying to compile a .bmx file that makes calls to the 3impact engine .dll file to an .exe with the command:

bmk makeapp -r -o outputfile inputfile.bmx

in a .bat file causes a console window (the BlitzMax debug window) to appear along with the application's rendering window. I've noticed this problem does not occur when I compile with the BLIde editor using its "Build as Windows program (GUI)" option.

System specs:
Athlon 2800+
WinXP
ATI Radeo Pro 9700
System RAM: 1.5 GB

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#2]
-r does not mean no console, just non-debug. There is an additional flag for console / gui build.

skidracer(Posted 2006) [#3]
which is:

-t gui

ahobbit(Posted 2006) [#4]
Thanks guys. Someone at the 3impact forum suggested this was a bug, and so I posted.

Good info to know, though. The "-t gui" option isn't documented, is it?

(edit: I haven't been able to get that -t gui bmk option to work).

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#5]
Anyway, you can activate the console or not console build from the official IDE. In the Build Options, select the "GUI Build", to disable the console window,, and from BLIde, select the option Build as 'Windows Program' instead of 'Console application', so you don't have to build your games from the command prompt.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#6]
Such stuff isn't documented at all. If you are interested in all compiler flags, you will most likely have to read the bmk.bmx file in the src folder of your BM installation