ETA for new IDE?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/ETA for new IDE?

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi, is there any new ETA for the new IDE (version G) as I'm doing a lot of development right now in a multi file project and I could do with the scrollbar fix and also the recent debugger fixes?

Thanks for any information.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2006) [#2]
{Edit}

Blitzplotter(Posted 2006) [#3]
have you tried the CE IDE Grey? It's based on BMax IDE with a little more functionality.

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Module Tweaks/MaxIDE Community Edition v1.15

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#4]
no I haven't I guess I oughta really but, probably falsely, I prefer to stick with the original product...

Hotcakes(Posted 2006) [#5]
probably falsely

Yeh =] It IS the original product, with enhancements. Whenever BRL release an updated version the improvements are generally reflected in the CE pretty quickly.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#6]
ah OK, but it could have more bugs too...However, I'll probably try it out soon.

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2006) [#7]
ah OK, but it could have more bugs too...However, I'll probably try it out soon.

I like to think it's more the other way round - that we might have fixed more bugs than in the official IDE. ;-) Any major changes that we make are built and tested in isolation; the current compiled version and the maxide (not maxide2) source are pretty stable - I use it all the time with zero issues...

Link below if you're interested...

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#8]
Thanks Mark. Glad you are so confident in it, this is good to know.

Hotcakes(Posted 2006) [#9]
Official (stable) releases don't get released very often, but the codebase for the builds he mentioned above is very active. I just use the boring stable builds though...