GUI in the games?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/GUI in the games?

AlexZ(Posted 2006) [#1]
I've searched a bit and was unable to find information regarding a UI that is skin-able. I need to have buttons and such inside my game, but the buttons needs to have the skinned UI that does not look like system buttons. Also, I would need other UI gadgets that would be skin-able.

Does MaxGUI do that or is it system style only? Does anyone have a solution and/or have I missed something?

Thanks, sorry if this has been answered before.

d-bug(Posted 2006) [#2]
Two names : HighGUI3 and iGlass !
Search for them to get a skinnable ingame GUI.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#3]
MaxGUI uses the native user interface of the host operating system and does not run inside a fullscreen window, but can be assembled `around` a windowed game. And it's not skinnable unless you create all your own gadgets.

Booticus(Posted 2006) [#4]
I'm playing with HighGUI3 and am having a blast with it. Diablos is pretty quick to help out and so are others in the forums (even though I go stratight to the source all the time) HighGUI3 is super flexible.

AlexZ(Posted 2006) [#5]
Thank you guys, I have downloaded HighGUI3 and will look into it. I might try iGlass too. Thanks

NoBoDo(Posted 2006) [#6]
It doesn't seem like iGlass is being updated anymore unless it is a fix to existing functionality that breaks with a new Blitz release.