Where did the eclipse plugin go?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Where did the eclipse plugin go?

ozak(Posted 2006) [#1]
Links are dead for that one. Would love to use Eclipse + BlitzMax on OSX :)

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#2]
Died long ago, I fear.

Brucey(Posted 2006) [#3]
Needs a bit of work, I fear...

ozak(Posted 2006) [#4]
I used to do some eclipse plugin programming way back, so if the source is available I could give it a go?

Warren(Posted 2006) [#5]
Are there any workable alternatives to the default IDE on Mac?

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#6]
Community Edition of the default IDE might perhaps be one. I think there are other IDEs on the way that might / should work crossplattform as well (those using .NET for example, as they theoretically only need mono to work if mono is somewhere next to up to date with window forms)

Warren(Posted 2006) [#7]
Does the community IDE work on Mac? I thought that was Windows only.

H&K(Posted 2006) [#8]
Dont see why warren, Isnt it compiled in Bmax?
(But I know Nothing)

ozak(Posted 2006) [#9]
There is a mac version of the community edition :)

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2006) [#10]
There is a compiled version of the latest CE IDE available for Win32, MacOS and Linux on SF.net; please see the link in my sig.

Also, if you have MaxGUI, you can always download the most recent source and compile it yourself as it is written in BlitzMax.

It's nowhere near as fully featured as Eclipse, but it has a few impovements over the offical IDE, and is under further development, and you can add / fix your own personal pet peeves, so I hope you find it useful.

ozak(Posted 2006) [#11]
BTW: Is there something wrong with the community IDE and file extensions? I can't open bmx files by opening them in finder. I can reset the file association for one file only, but not for all bmx files. That change is simply ignored. Perhaps something with it's info.plist?

Byteemoz(Posted 2006) [#12]
When you select the associated program there is a checkbox labeled something like "Alway open with this program.".
-- Byteemoz

ozak(Posted 2006) [#13]
I know. Nothing happens because OS X is not sure that MaxIDE can open Unix executable files (which it currently thinks bmx files are)