MaxGUI: create photoshop like buttons...

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/MaxGUI: create photoshop like buttons...

ninomojo(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hello,

I'm looking at the various button types vailable in MaxGui, and I don't seem to find what I need.
I'm trying to make a 2D tool and I need to have a panel of tools buttons similar to those in Photoshop etc. So I need the pressed button to stay pressed in order to show what tool is currently selected.

Any idea how I can achieve that ?

Thank you very much,
Nino

CS_TBL(Posted 2006) [#2]
For something identical to Photosoup create your own button gadget based on an image. If you really want it identical then make a grey version of a loaded color image, and show the colored one case the button is pressed and grey when the button is not pressed.

ninomojo(Posted 2006) [#3]
Thanks !
Now I have to look hjow to make image-based button gadgets :)

CS_TBL(Posted 2006) [#4]
Maybe I could cook something up.. I've a similar button made already but I have to adapt things a bit to have it more or less like photosoup..

ninomojo(Posted 2006) [#5]
If that could save me some headache, please be my guest and thank you so much ! :)

If it's easy to catch then don't bother but thank you anyway.

Nino

ninomojo(Posted 2006) [#6]
In fact yes, please, do something :)

CS_TBL(Posted 2006) [#7]
[Warcraft2peasant]Job's doneeee[/Warcraft2peasant]

have a moment please.. I'll put testimages on the 'net..

CS_TBL(Posted 2006) [#8]
grab these images to run the example

I'll add it to the archives I think.. I've seen oodles and oodles of requests for imagebuttons already..

Trivia! [Z] and [X] on a button double-up as leftclick and rightclick, nice for ppl with a tablet/pen with crappy buttons on it.. or for ppl with finger-RSI. :P

That said: you can either leftclick or rightclick! (in event.data or EventData())

Enjoy!

Booticus(Posted 2006) [#9]
Dude! Thanks! This is a great example!

kfprimm(Posted 2006) [#10]
well, i'm trying to convert this, http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=46784 ,to Max but it isn't working too well.

ninomojo(Posted 2006) [#11]
CS_TBL:

Thanks dude, that seem to work great, exactly as I expect it. the only thing is that I guess I'm too beginner to really understand what you're doing, so commenting your code a little bit would be welcome, if don't mind. :)

CS_TBL(Posted 2006) [#12]
I could.. but do you really need to know how the internal code works? I figure it's like use & go .. without worries about the how & why ..