JoyHat PC vs. Mac

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/JoyHat PC vs. Mac

Idiot(Posted 2006) [#1]
I'm using a Nyko AirFlo PC control pad and the d-pad is accessed through the JoyHat command.

On the PC, when the JoyHat is not in use, it reports -1 if it is not being used, and 0 when up is pressed on the pad.

On the Mac, when the JoyHat is not in use, it reports 0 if it is not being used. Up is 0.125.

Is this blitzmax's fault, the controller's or the mac's?

skidracer(Posted 2006) [#2]
Tested on Mac with a Logitech Dual Action, and JoyHat is working correctly for that combo.

There may be some extra parameter info I am ignoring from the usb hid description that I can use to correct the problem, will look into it further.

Idiot(Posted 2006) [#3]
on the mac i'm getting these results:

nothing=0.0
up=.125
up right=.25
right=.375
down right=.5
down=.625
down left=.75
left=.875
up left=-1

If it's just me, maybe it isn't calibrated or something? I couldn't find anything on the mac control panel to set up a joystick.

skidracer(Posted 2006) [#4]
I wouldn't have thought usb joypads required drivers on the mac, but the nyko site does list a mac driver and recomends you update so I suspect it's a newer version than what comes in the box:

http://www.nyko.com/Nyko/General/?i=downloads

Idiot(Posted 2006) [#5]
I looked at that, unfortunately "THIS SOFTWARE IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE ORIGINAL AIR FLO PC CONTROLLER" which is what I have.

skidracer(Posted 2006) [#6]
Idiot, unless a different brand joypad displays the same behavior I'm going to have to blame your controller. As I said our office joypad joyhat works the same on both PC and Mac.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#7]
Until apple sacrifices some time to implement something like Windows GameDevice support, there is always the chance that it will simply break ...
So at best make it configurable with "wait for input" behavior so everyone with its Crapple is able to configure it according his broken drivers.