Game Framework 1.0 released.

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Game Framework 1.0 released.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#1]
Check it out here:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=60957

This version includes loads of cool game-based GUI stuff such as dialogs, listboxes, labels, text input, in-game menu and a full Player Profile Manager.

Also a couple of commercial games that use the framework are due to be released soon...

Smurftra(Posted 2006) [#2]
did not receive my update

Smurftra(Posted 2006) [#3]
n/m got it :)

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#4]
lol, I posted this thread before the update, sorry. I'm sending the updates as I type this :-)

Alienforce(Posted 2006) [#5]
Great work!!! Thanks Grey!

Murilo(Posted 2006) [#6]
Nice one Grey.

BTW: I got this update twice.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#7]
Yeah people still seem to be getting it twice, which is a bummer as it's 5.8Mb! I thought I'd fixed that by making sure everyone in the addressbook had a valid name instead of just an email address. But the problem must be with Outlook Express or my Internet provider I guess...

popcade(Posted 2006) [#8]
This is really sweet, the profile manager works like a charm.

BTW, it's a shame of BlitzMax being the most powerful game programming language, with almost 0 music support, otherwise nearly no need for external library/mods.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#9]
yeah I'm really hoping for ogg streaming at some point. I was wondering if it would be possible to do your own streaming by reading in a few hundred bytes every frame of the ogg file (or perhaps the next one to be played). But then could you append to the file in memory so that the sample continues to play properly?

Smurftra(Posted 2006) [#10]
Grey Alien: im wondering the same. I mean: I want music to fit the 'mood', so i have serveral loops that can fit together but some are more relaxed and some are more stressfull and i want to dynamically load the next loop depending on the current mood..

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#11]
yes the problem at the moment is the loading forces all other operations to stop while the ogg loads and decompresses.