F1 help in IDE seriously souped

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/F1 help in IDE seriously souped

CS_TBL(Posted 2006) [#1]
F1 on a command keeps activating the help-tab!

(or is this old news? I didn't follow all the IDE talks over the past time :P)

Perturbatio(Posted 2006) [#2]
it shows quickhelp in the statusbar the first time then activates the help tab. That's what it's supposed to do.

CS_TBL(Posted 2006) [#3]
A minute ago that's what it actually did.

Next time it didn't show the quickhelp in the statusbar, and upon F1'ing again it goes to the help-tab, which it keeps activating, no chance of clicking another tab, back to the helptab ye go!

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#4]
did you manually upgrade to the most actual version? (no it is not distributed with the installer / upgrader!)

CS_TBL(Posted 2006) [#5]
did as was written on the website:

installed 1.18, then installed/updated 1.20, then sync

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#6]
Thats not the most actual.
The most actual can be found here:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=60657

(or follow the thread at the top of the bug board for latest IDE)

Perturbatio(Posted 2006) [#7]
If you press F1 on the same command regardless of whether you've typed other things, it will jump to the tab. Are you testing it by switching between two different commands?

CS_TBL(Posted 2006) [#8]
Testing with the same command obviously.. I know the idea of F1 and twice F1, the issue is that @ the second F1, the one to go to the helptab, it keeps activating that single tab. Only thing I can do is quite the IDE (tho the windowmenus still work, so a Save All did save my 2 lines of unsaved code :P).

btw, sometimes it bugs, sometimes it doesn't bug.

CS_TBL(Posted 2006) [#9]
Ah, wait a sec. I found it!

This bug occurs when you press F1 twice on a highighted command which is not included in the help system!

Highlighted? Yes, I highlight certain commands of my own and certain added bmax commands using that commands.txt! This way things look uniform (capitals-wise) and are reckognisable. And in addition I know they're written well.

Things I highlight are all the EVENT_<blah> words, things like event.id, event.data etc. etc. Also my own commands are highlighted, but they don't have any further help attached to them.

So, that's the insect.. which has to be juiced against the window!

skidracer(Posted 2006) [#10]
There is a docmods menu option in the next verison of the IDE to simplify matters.