New BLIde beta available

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/New BLIde beta available

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#1]
There's a new BLIde Beta available (0.7.50) If you're interested in testing it, please send an email to supermanel*at*menta*dot*net to get the beta.

This new version has been built under the Microsoft .net 2.0 framework and any previous version has to be uninstalled.

There are lots of bugs fixed for this version, and just a couple of new features:

BUG REPORTER integrated in BLIde

Jump to definition (not much usable now, as it only works for some globals or types, but it'll be improved).

H&K(Posted 2006) [#2]
Ziggy, I seem to be unable to Email you ?!??!.

If you are short of testers, you can email it to my profile address. Suppose I have to down load net 2.0 now ;(

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#3]
email sent. :D

GfK(Posted 2006) [#4]
Mail sent.

kronholm(Posted 2006) [#5]
Any hopes for a MAC version ziggy?

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#6]
@kronholm: Not by now, I don't think porting BLIde to mono can be an easy task, maybe in the future but it's not possible by now.

H&K(Posted 2006) [#7]
Ziggy,

Its not arrived;(
And Ive downloaded Net 2 and everything;(

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#8]
I've sent it again, if you don't get it, let me know

H&K(Posted 2006) [#9]
@Ziggy,

Right of the bat, I have a problem (Which is not your fault)

To instal net2 I meed to download "Microsoft installer 3", which is behind a "Verification of Genuine windows"

Now, as I said I got a new computer last week, with a preinstalled windows. Which doesnt pass the stupid verification (errrm any more). Ive rung the people I bought it from and they say it was a real versiion of windows, and because I didnt pay them half the price of the comp when I bought it,(For service) its now my problem.

When I get back home (Week after next), it wont be problem, but in the mean time I dont suppose you want/can email me "Windows Installer 3"

GfK(Posted 2006) [#10]
I haven't got the beta version yet either....

H&K(Posted 2006) [#11]
Hi, Managed to sovle the last problem. But now have another one. The version of .net2 that your installer says I need, Is a newer version than the one microsoft has to download

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#12]
Sure you downloaded .NET 2 and not .NET 1.1 or .NET 2 Beta? (and not WinFX either)

H&K(Posted 2006) [#13]
Errrrrr, sure (no I downloaded Beta)

Booticus(Posted 2006) [#14]
So can anyone else replicate the issue Im having with the beta? Enter this program in the beta, save as "test.bmx" and see what you get. Maybe my box is hosed somehow:

Local theFilename:String="test.bmx"
Local mystream:TStream=OpenStream(theFilename)
While Not Eof(mystream)
  Local theString:String=ReadLine(mystream)
  Print theString
Wend 

See if it works for you guys by printing up what you'd expect, each line of your source code. On mine, it brings up each line as a single character instead of line from my source code.

ex:

L

o

c

a

l

t

h

e

F

i

l

e

n

a

m

e

:

S

t

r

i

n

etc. etc. So I bumped back to the previous version of Blide, tried to open this source code, and the code was all mangled in strange characters. Bummer! Thankfully I back up my source code every night. But DANG!

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#15]
@Booticus: Your application has a bug and that's the reason it's not working on BLIde and it's working on standard IDE. BLIde uses Unicode formating, and your application doesn't takes in consideration the text encoding. The official IDE works on ANSI in your windows distro, and that makes your program to work, but it will stop workin on other windows distros, or on Mac or Linux. This is a correct version of your program (I've implemented a little class to treat encoding recognition based on the LoadText function of the offical BRL mods)

SuperStrict
Local theFilename:String="test.bmx"

Local Reader:TextFileReader = New TextFileReader
Local TextStream:TTextStream = reader.CreateStream(thefilename)
While textstream.Eof() = False
	Print textstream.ReadLine()
Wend
End

Type TextFileReader
	Function CreateStream:TTextStream(url:Object,DetectEncoding:Int = True,ForceEncoding:Int = 0 )
		Local Stream:TStream=ReadStream(url) 'This is the base stream
		If Stream = Null Then Return Null 'Unable to open URL
		If detectencoding = False Then
			Local TStream:TTextStream=TTextStream.Create( Stream,forceencoding)
			Return TStream
		Else
			Local TStream:TTextStream=TTextStream.Create( Stream,EncodingDetector(url))
			Return TStream
		EndIf

End Function
	Function EncodingDetector:Int(url:Object)
		Local format:Int = 0  'This is to store the encoding
		Local Stream:TStream=ReadStream(url) 'This is the base stream
		If not Stream.Eof() 'check if there is data to read
			Local c:Byte=Stream.ReadByte()
			If not Stream.Eof()
				Local d:Byte=Stream.ReadByte()  'Get the firt byte to get the encoding
				If c=$fe and d=$ff  'if its FF and FE (Big endian byte order)
					format=TTextStream.UTF16BE
				Else If c=$ff and d=$fe  'Little endian byte order
					format=TTextStream.UTF16LE
				Else If c=$ef and d=$bb
					If not Stream.Eof()
						Local e:Byte=Stream.ReadByte()
						If e=$bf format=TTextStream.UTF8
					EndIf
				EndIf
			EndIf
		EndIf
		Return format
	End Function
End Type

So no BLIde bug here. On next version 0.7.51 you will be able to select the default BLIde encoding (by default it will be Unicode Big Endian).Oh, and you were getting strange characters becouse previous versions of BLIde were not compatible with Unicode. (open those files on notepad, and save them as ANSI if you want to use them in ancient versions of BLIde).

@Everybody:
download the beta if you wish here: http://www.blide.org/beta/blide-0-7-50.zip

for the .net version, you should update your .net version using Windows Update, otherwise, download the correct .net version from microsoft, or uninstall the .net you have and install BLide 0.7.50 directly, as it will automatically download the correct and last Microsoft .net stable version for you.

Please, let me know if you download the beta, and send any bug report using the bug report dialog in version 0.7.50

Smurftra(Posted 2006) [#16]
I wasnt aware of the bug report in 0.7.50 manel, i will use that from now on.

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#17]
Thanks!

Booticus(Posted 2006) [#18]
Thanks for letting me know! I'll stick with 0-7-22 of Blide for now!

GfK(Posted 2006) [#19]
The unicode issue has stopped me from using this version too. My sourcecode doubled in [file]size just by loading it into BLIde and compiling it.

ziggy(Posted 2006) [#20]
A new version with this unicode issue customizable can be downloaded now. check the website

Booticus(Posted 2006) [#21]
You rule!