Porting BMax game to the web

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Porting BMax game to the web

MarkSponge(Posted 2006) [#1]
How difficult is it to port a BMax game to be played online?

I guess it would be wrote in Java. I could probably learn Java quickly if I needed to, I'm just looking for the simplest way of doing it.

Thanks in advance.

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#2]
Simplest way of doing it? igLoader from IndiePath. You pretty much don't have to do ANYTHING to the code. Just make sure it runs in a window and that the window is not resizeable. Just set up a few bits and pieces with the site and the igLoader files, but it's about an hour from a BlitzMax game to a webgame.

http://www.igloader.com/

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#3]
If you have a game that you'd like to see on-line then get in contact and we'll do the wrapping and preperation for you FOC.

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#4]
Yep - ig Loader is the way to go ...

IPete2.

popcade(Posted 2006) [#5]
Indiepath's igLoader might be best solution for Win32 games/apps.

Rewrite is not a solution as you might get stuck because of the speed issue of Java.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#6]
We do have a Mac version in the works but our lack of skills with the Mac API is holding us up. Help would be appreciated :)

FlameDuck(Posted 2006) [#7]
Rewrite is not a solution as you might get stuck because of the speed issue of Java.
What speed issues?

popcade(Posted 2006) [#8]
The last time I tried to use Java to write a demo for my working hospital, however the gfx performance and execution speed make it very limited, it's compiled to applet to be used on browser.

Eventually I took it down and get a Flash artist to make something simpler.