MaxIDE: Openfile = unsorted list?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/MaxIDE: Openfile = unsorted list?

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi everyone!

I have the "problem" that the filerequester of the bmx ide (1.20F currently) isn't sorting the filenames as it should?

*My filenames range from DFA001.bmx to DFA081.bmx.

Anyone else having this issue?

Or is it the way it should be?

Grisu

fredborg(Posted 2006) [#2]
You have probably set the sorting to something strange by accident. Try right-clicking the list of files, and select 'Arrange -> By Name' or the equivalent in German :)

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#3]
Already tried that!
Still wrong?

P.S.:
It would be better if the file type would state the search mask Code Files (*.bmx)!

fredborg(Posted 2006) [#4]
How does Windows sort it in Explorer? It seems unlikely it is related BlitzMax.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#5]
The order in he first screenshot is fully correct.
The one in the second window as well 081f < 0491 as numeric > letter.

ozak(Posted 2006) [#6]
Looks fine. It's a standard requester, so it's not BlitzMaxs fault.

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#7]
P.S.:
It would be better if the file type would state the search mask Codec Files (*.bmx)!

Yes it would. MUCH better.

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#8]
Is there any way to get an output like this:

WendellM(Posted 2006) [#9]
It would be better if the file type would state the search mask Code Files (*.bmx)!

It'll do that (in Windows) if the code specifies it explicitly. Note that you only specify the "*." part for the first extension in each group (otherwise the "*." shows up twice):
filter$="Image Files (*.png, jpg, bmp):png,jpg,bmp; Text Files (*.txt):txt; All Files (*.*):*"
filename$=RequestFile( "Select graphic file to open",filter$ )

Print filename
In my experience, this isn't needed in Linux (at least not Ubuntu, which adds the "*.whatevers" automatically). It doesn't seem to be possible in OS X at all (since it doesn't have a filter drop-down). Samples of Ubuntu and OS X requesters are here. But in Windows, specifying it as in the code above results in:

Is there any way to get an output like this:

I don't know of a way to specify "details" view by default in code, but the user can select it via the icon at the top (and then further customize it as desired):

(Or were you talking about the "Windows 3.0 file manager" look with separate Name and Extension columns? I don't know of any way to do that with Blitz - or in XP at all, since winfile.exe isn't included.)

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#10]
No you can't change the sorting unless you write your own file requester that does an incorrect sorting to achive what you are looking for (what you are looking for is alphabetically sorted incorrect)