MaxIDE120F

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/MaxIDE120F

skidracer(Posted 2006) [#1]
This new version of MaxIDE introduces new feature for Linux that invokes firefox if External Help is enabled in the options.

Windows users should find this version more stable, including the 120E fixes for the unicode text area trashing memory and hopefully no more activate window problems causing the cursor position of the current open source to be lost.

The debugger also got a major fix where the stacktrace was getting out of sync with reality.

Linux version MaxIDE120F.tar.gz

Windows version MaxIDE120F_win32.zip

MacOS PPC version MaxIDE120F_MacOS_PPC.zip

MacOS X86 version MaxIDE120F_MacOS_X86.zip

Please report any problems below and my apologies for the inconvenience that any recent bugs have caused people.

GfK(Posted 2006) [#2]
*raises a tentative hand*

I'm glad the IDE is still being updated, but is it not a bit retarded to have the official IDE and the community IDE going down their own separate avenues of development when they both originated from the same code?

Surely the problems you're finding in the official IDE have either already been fixed in the community IDE, or will need to be fixed?

Seems like you're doing twice the work you need to...

Perturbatio(Posted 2006) [#3]
The problem is that not everyone can be bothered to download the community IDE so he would still need to implement it in the official one to stop them complaining.

Picklesworth(Posted 2006) [#4]
Ah, but if BlitzBasic.com mirrored the community IDE, we would have no problems.

I agree with Gfk here... It's unlikely that I will be replacing my download of the community BMax IDE with this, whether or not it has some significant bug fixes.

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2006) [#5]
If the fixes aren't already fixed in the CE version, once we get the source for 120F, we'll apply them to our code.

And I agree as to the pointlessness of two separate versions, although I equally undertstand BRL's reticence to make a community supported version of the IDE the official IDE...

Robert Cummings(Posted 2006) [#6]
The CE version crashes for me and shows garbage fonts.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#7]
Thanks for this. Been looking to the scrollbar fix since day 1.

GfK(Posted 2006) [#8]
Found a relatively minor bug in IDE 1.20F (Win32).

Enter the following code:
Type Anything
End Type

Click on the 'Code' tab, then from the list click "Type Anything". Move the mouse pointer back over the text area and it is no longer a standard text caret - it remains an arrow until you restart the IDE.

Tachyon(Posted 2006) [#9]
I for one will continue to use BRL's IDE. For me, less is more. I find the standard version to be faster than the CE, and BRL is quicker to address bugs when they are found.

That said, I do use the CE for small projects and I enjoy its features, but for my bread-n-butter project, I use only BRL's IDE.

Thanks for the update Skid.

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2006) [#10]
BRL is quicker to address bugs when they are found.

I think you'll find there are several bugs fixed in the CE version that are not fixed in the official version (see the closed bug list for details). Many of the recent bug fixes have been at the mercy of maxgui internal bugs, so both versions get fixed at the same time. And as for the above instance, this is a bug in the debug stack, about the evil-est code I've ever seen. As soon as skid publishes the source, the CE version will gain the fix too.
I find the standard version to be faster than the CE

Hopefully that won't be true for too much longer - the reverse will be true. Personally, I don't notice a difference in speed between the two, but I guess slower machines may show more of a difference.

fredborg(Posted 2006) [#11]
Hi,

With this version i get no mouse carret (or whatever it's called) when the mouse is inside the text area. The pointer remains a regular arrow pointer. On the laptop, with WindowsXP.

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2006) [#12]
I think mouse pointer issue might be a maxgui thing, as I got the same thing with the CE IDE code the other day, and there'd been no code change, just a syncmods. But it's back to normal again now. Odd.

skidracer(Posted 2006) [#13]
Thank guys, will keep an eye on my mouse pointer.

Gfk, retarded or not (btw I find this term personally offensive) I am not paid to support features that other people have added. I'm sure MarkT can get the CE version in sync soon in another topic.

MaxIDE Source

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#14]
For the mouse pointer issue.

I have some similar issues. My textfield "blinking cursor" does not show up inside the field sometimes. Even if I hold my mouse over it and click into it or type a string in there.

Couldn't make an easy bug tracking code by now though... :(

Blitzplotter(Posted 2006) [#15]
Well... on the strength of the comments I'm off to download 120F... Well done BRL on providing continued support.

sswift(Posted 2006) [#16]
There is still a bug with the ide losing the cursor position, or something like it anyway. It's really annyoing too...

Scroll the scrollbar down in one source file, and hit the tab for another. Then go back to the first. You'll be back at the top of the code because it forgot where you were scrolled to.

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#17]
@Skidracer:
Could you please add a "proper" version name for each ide release?

So that the about window states "1.20F" e.g.?

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#18]
Any ETA on a version G with the cursor issue fixed as it is rather distracting? Thanks.

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#19]
It's weekend, so don't expect anything soon!

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#20]
oh yeah of course :-)

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#21]
cur-sor fix . ra ra ra .

AlexO(Posted 2006) [#22]
Why doesn't auto-indenting work in Linux?

Kernle 32DLL_2(Posted 2006) [#23]
becouse linux is the 5. wheel of the car...

Hummelpups(Posted 2006) [#24]
What du you think about a Textfield for the Module
Authors?

I implemented that in my IDE (changed CE). It's more handy than these checkboxes.

IMurDOOM

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#25]
G G G :-D

JoshK(Posted 2006) [#26]
Could you please make the variable and function names in the code debugger alphabetized? Many times I simply cannot find a value, because there are too many of them.

To do this in Windows, use the TVM_SORTCHILDREN message:
SendMessage_(tree,TVM_SORTCHILDREN,0,node)

Also, I don't think wordwrap should be used in the output window.

GfK(Posted 2006) [#27]
I asked for that in the very first versions of Blitz2D (five+ years ago) and it never happened.

I use BLIde now - which sorts everything alphabetically.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#28]
Yes I asked it recently too. In fact an option to have alpha on/off would be cool.

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2006) [#29]
Why oh why is CTRL + Arrows Keys STILL used to alt+tab between fricking windows? This is even more annoying than before when you had to use CTRL+ [] keys to tab when there was a tab key already there which was used to delete.
And having CTRL+R to compile or TAB/Right align beyond belief the line I'm on, when I accidentally mean to press CTRL+H but occassionally forget from old Blitz is still very annoying.

What's next on the not broke but we'll fix it anyway? CTRL+C to close down the ide? :'(