KMaxIDE

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/KMaxIDE

BORNtobeNAMELESS(Posted 2006) [#1]
I am writing a new Linux-IDE for BlitzMax.
I'm using the KDELibs and QT3 for it, so the IDE won't work on any other OS than Linux.

You can get the latest Version over SVN:
svn co svn://svn.btbn.de/kmaxide

There is a tar-Archive, too. But it's not very often up to date:
http://btbn.de/files/kmaxide.tar.gz

To compile the IDE you need the kdelibs-Devel-Pakages, the QT3-Devel-Packages, Kate and Konsole(The KDE console). The Standard-Way of compiling the IDE is:
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
*as root* make install

After that you can execute it over the command "kmaxide".

The IDE is translated to German and English.

Brucey(Posted 2006) [#2]
Sounds like a good idea.

Unfortunately, it seems my ubuntu 5.10 doesn't have *any* KDE stuff installed...

Will update and see :-)

Picklesworth(Posted 2006) [#3]
Unfortunately, it seems my ubuntu 5.10 doesn't have *any* KDE stuff installed...
Go to synaptic package manager and install kubuntu-desktop... or in terminal:
sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop

If it changes your usplash, you can change it back via the terminal with:
sudo update-alternatives --config usplash-artwork.so

You can now log into an account in the Kubuntu desktop, or run KDE programs through Gnome.

Thanks, nameless :)
I've been hoping for a BMax Linux IDE that actually used the proper visual appearance as set by the desktop environment and all that.
Any chances of a Gnome version as well?

Brucey(Posted 2006) [#4]
alas...
kmaxide.h:170: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘ExtTerminalInterface’ with no type
kmaxide.h:170: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token

:-(

BORNtobeNAMELESS(Posted 2006) [#5]
I tested the IDE on Ubuntu Breezy(5.10) and had to find out that the KDE-Version used by it is too old(There is for example no ExtTerminalInterface).
You should update to Dapper Drake(6.06). Compiling works fine on it.

Jolinah(Posted 2006) [#6]
Hi Mr. Picklesworth,

phiker and bigmichi are working on a GTK-Linux-IDE, perhaps you could take a look at it at http://www.blitzforum.de/showcase/?project=11.
Currently it´s only available in German, but an English version is WiP.

Best regards, Sektor333

Kernle 32DLL_2(Posted 2006) [#7]
Hi

Since a few weeks I'm a "Ubuntu Dapper Drake user". After installing BlitzMax I was really disappointed about the IDE and so I looked for an alternative. At first I tested the gtk Ide by phiker and BigMichi.The first impression was really good, but i missed some features. Later i found the KDE Ide by
Btbn. With the time i worked more and more with KMaxide. The ide is fast and very stable. All in all Kmaxide is really better then the standart ide, so everybody must decide what he is going to use.

Rck(Posted 2006) [#8]
This is interesting

AlexO(Posted 2006) [#9]
Awesome! I've been waiting for a decent linux IDE to so i can start working in linux natively. Thank you so much! Unfortunately, after I compile and run kmaxide it gives me a 'cannot open commands.txt' and 'highlighter-XML-file-creation' failed. Is this due to those docs not being included yet or am i doing something wrong? I'm running on Ubuntu Dapper with Gnome and have all those packages mentioned installed.

JBI(Posted 2006) [#10]
yeah, i was searching for that... very good thing...