SOW 0.4

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/SOW 0.4

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#1]
no need for .net2
more gui stuff
mouse pick

new forum on
http://chris-camacho.com/sow-forum/index.php
(all future anouncement will be made there, but you can ask the board to notify you of new posts to the anouncements forum)

download SOW from the resources section of my site

Picklesworth(Posted 2006) [#2]
Cool!

I'm almost definietly using this engine for my project.
Yours is definietly the easiest to set up (yes, even with the required download of those dev kits!) and has a good amount of example code.
Should be completely useable, too. All I really need is some physics and a few pretty material effects... all of which seem to be possible here in an elegant way.

Vectrex(Posted 2006) [#3]
howdy Chris, I got rejected to join the forum, any chance of reconsidering? I'm not using sow but I just want to help out answering questions about ogre (like the particle editor post, which I assume he doesn't know ogre has a full editor already :) )

Booticus(Posted 2006) [#4]
Oh he knows OGRE has a full particle already. He is me! :) But he wants to show you can do it programtically, which is the point of the editor.

Alienforce(Posted 2006) [#5]
Great work!!

Vectrex(Posted 2006) [#6]
Booticus: ah... I think ;) hehe

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#7]
Hey Chris- neat.

I'll see what I can do regarding docs. I'm already short of time, I'll take a look and let you know if I can do it :)

Nikko(Posted 2006) [#8]
A doc and some samples should help this wrapper to become more popular. It is hard to start and evaluate!

ckob(Posted 2006) [#9]
I downloaded the old version and it ran just fine but after updating to this newest one it crashes on me.

ckob(Posted 2006) [#10]
looks like scene.osm is missing? Do I need to download the ogre3d sdk again i had it downloaded before but formatted since then.

AdrianT(Posted 2006) [#11]
I think we need to do a clean up and have a single install all in one archive. Gets confusing with 2 or 3 updates you have to overwrite the previous version with.