psp port

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/psp port

badjuju(Posted 2006) [#1]
Im kind of curius to know if it's possible to make games with blitz3d to play on the psp, I don't really care about distribution, only for personal use. Ive seen alot of cool thing's bieng done on the web, using the psp memory stick
to run program's off of.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#2]
No

Windows executables don't run on it, nor does it have any knowledge of what DX7 is.

*and next time, first read then post and you will see that you are in the wrong board*

Raph(Posted 2006) [#3]
Porting from Blitz to PSP LuaPlayer is actually fairly trivial, I've done a couple of ports that way. The graphics APIs are very similar. I even wrote an include file in Lua that just mapped most of the Blitz command set over.

siread(Posted 2006) [#4]
Care to share, Raph? :)

Raph(Posted 2006) [#5]
Hmm, I can't seem to find it. But it was fairly straightforward -- most of the LuaPlayer API for 2d graphics is very similar, so you just need to map stuff like

and so on. There's still wrinkles here and there, but it minimizes the worst, which is literally just swapping all the damn parameter orders around. :) The other wrinkle is the fact that the draw commands in Lua take a color parameter which is defined in advance, as in the DrawText() example above. You can code around that in your include file, or just port around it.

Of course, LuaPlayer doesn't support alphablend (just masking) last I saw, and there's other functionality it won't support, so I wouldn't try porting Indiepath's modules or anything.