SOW 0.32 oFusion scene loading

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/SOW 0.32 oFusion scene loading

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#1]
Version 0.32 of SOW is now out, this includes the ability to load scenes created in max 3ds using oFusion

.OSM files are XML so you can always write your own exporter or even .mesh placer app!

There is now a direct art path from max3ds! this makes things so much easier!

Internally the sources for the OgreNewt plugin are now included so thats one less dll!

and get this theres even a readme.txt, gosh I spoil you guys... :o)

Alienforce(Posted 2006) [#2]
Great work!

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#3]
thanks, let me know by email if you have any pressing need for an unimplemented feature, I'm just adding them ad hock atm as I need them...

Josepho(Posted 2006) [#4]
Yay This is going very well! :D I will test it later

AdrianT(Posted 2006) [#5]
Heh, nice one :)

looking forward to playing with this ;P

Josepho(Posted 2006) [#6]
I tried it, both examples runs perfect on my computer, great work!

I will be waiting for next one releases ^_^

Mikele(Posted 2006) [#7]
Yeah! SOW runs on my machine :). Good work Chris!

Booticus(Posted 2006) [#8]
I gotta say its been working great for me. The particle stuff is fun too! I've been fiddling with the Particle Editor too from OGRE. Be good stuff if you can get an importer working! Not that I mind making particles programatically, but DAYUM! Their particle editor is so neat:

http://www.ogre3d.org/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=74&func=selectcat&cat=5

Check out all their goodies folks!

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#9]
just to let folks know, I've done a bunch more work on the oFusion loader, it can handle things much better now, and tho yet to be finalised, I have sussed out a way of independently animating scene manage animations, so you can have some objects looping, while others are stopped or doing one shot animations, you can even run them at different speeds...

and someone might be contributing a particle demo showing off some of the newly added particle commands

More than anything I need more people who are using it to mail me so I know what bits of ogre most ugently need to be wrapped next...

Josepho(Posted 2006) [#10]
That are very good news!

I want to use it but at the momment i am very busy (exams), when i finnish them you will get another betatester :D

Awesome work!

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#11]
just added some utility routines for orienting vectors to scene nodes (which is rather more useful than it sounds)

I'm just waiting on one kind person who promised me some media and I intend adding a demo which will show walking up stairs and opening doors in a "level" exported to 3ds max

I could really do with more beta testers, I just sent out a pre-release to.... all of 2 people....

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#12]
When running example 1, I get :

"The procedure entry point ??0Exception@Ogre@@QAE@ABV01@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library OgreMain.dll."

I copied the entire contents of the Ogre\Bin\Release folder to the SOW folder, and it's 1.2 as the readme requests. I'm using BMax 1.20.

AdrianT(Posted 2006) [#13]
Hmm I had an error with example1.bmx for me it was that the LookAt and PointAt function both did the same thing, and Chris had removed the LookAt without updating Example1 to compensate.

You might just have to change line 27 to:

cam.PointAt(0,50,0)

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#14]
Nope, I still get the same error. Seems to be a linking problem where the SOW.dll cannot find whatever call it's making to OgreMain.dll.

Not sure what I've done wrong, but it probably is something I've done wrong. It can't be that I should be using the debug dll's because those don't have the same names.

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#15]
that sounds like your not using the correct dlls you need the ones from the vc 2500 sdk
http://www.ogre3d.org/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=57&func=fileinfo&filecatid=42&parent=category

If its *still* doing it I have no idea what the problem is ! :(
I can only suggest deleting everthing and starting again

@evak - thats the pre-release version you have, not the public version!

Vectrex(Posted 2006) [#16]
I'll help with the pre-release stuff. Send it to octamed@ the mail which is hot .com :)

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#17]
thanks for your offer, I have emailed you

Alienforce(Posted 2006) [#18]
Me to please ? :)

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#19]
Check yer mail ;) when you both get back to me I'll let you know if you can help thanks again!

any luck Gabriel?

Tim(Posted 2006) [#20]
hey chris, all thumbs up to you, you are a kind of guy from which ressources are living of.. like sweeny f. example! Nonprofit, just working for the community..
as i said.. all thumbs up!! Hope you get successful with your projects!