Weird Graphics() quirks when used with MaxGUI

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Weird Graphics() quirks when used with MaxGUI

Robert Cummings(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi,

I'm using maxgui for my game editor. I have a canvas which I disable and call Graphics() when I want to test the game full screen.

This crashes totally under directx but "works" under opengl.

Under opengl it will go fullscreen and when I quit and return to the app, I activate the canvas again. However the canvas now runs at a completely different hz, which is disorienting and weird, and my polled event for getting the mouse speed returns completely out of whack values.

Just what the hell is going on?

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#2]
DX has some problems at the moment. Only 1 canvas can exist at a time (so 1 graphics in the end)

Robert Cummings(Posted 2006) [#3]
OpenGL has problems too!

When you open a new Graphics() context, all the timing stuff changes when you go back!

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#4]
I'm not sure, but do regular apps normally not run at 60hz while your fullscreen could run at a different refresh?

Does it work if you create the TGraphics upfront and assign them instead of creating the contexts?

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#5]
What `timing stuf`?

Robert Cummings(Posted 2006) [#6]
Well when OpenGL canvas begins, it is uncapped (this isn't a problem) but when I enable a graphics() context, then endgraphics() and return, the canvas is in actual fact 75hz (my monitor refresh rate).

However it was 60hz in fullscreen. At all times I only ever use flip default and open windows with the hz parameter of 0 (best guess option).

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#7]
If you open with 0 for Hz it should use the desktop's hz rate off the bat, and so logically return to it later. When you say uncapped you mean like Flip 0?