SOW - testers required

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/SOW - testers required

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#1]
Simple Ogre Wrapper is available from my site

I've only been able to have 3 or 4 sessions @ this but its a bit more OO friendly now, and you dont have to deal with cString any more

Its far from finished!

basic entity manipulation
shader params
basic animation
basic lighting

Lights, Cameras and action!

example1.bmx uses just about all thats been implemented, I'd be interested to hear constructive sugestions.

I'm intending this version to be a simple to use wrapper that will use a subset of Ogre functionality

I've seen another way of wrapping Ogre that would be much thinner, but more complex to use, but we'll see how this goes first!

extract the archive and then put the Ogre DLL's into the directory, the first time you run it you will have to use
initOgre(1) to make a config that will work on your machine
initOgre(0) runs with the last selected config

Enjoy!

Nennig(Posted 2006) [#2]
I did not manage to make it work on my machine.

Went to Ogre3d official website, downloaded the pre-built SDK for MinGW. Took the dlls, placed them in the folder, used initOgre(1) at first launch and still I got a message "sow.dll or Ogre dlls not found."

Not sure of what I am doing wrong here.

I like very much the syntax you came up with though.

REDi(Posted 2006) [#3]
You'll need the "Visual C++ .Net 2005" version of ogre

http://www.ogre3d.org/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=74&func=fileinfo&filecatid=42&parent=category

Diablo(Posted 2006) [#4]
it worked here.

BUT, when the ogre window losses focus, the window hangs and dosen't redraw, i.e. the window just stays white.

I like very much the syntax you came up with though.

Seconded.

Nennig(Posted 2006) [#5]
@Papa Lazarou, thanks for the link
but still, doesnt work here, tried the debug dlls and the release dlls.

my computer: Laptop Centirno 1.3 Ghz, XP home Ed, Ati Radeon X600 PCie 128 Meg, Ram 1 Gig

popcade(Posted 2006) [#6]
>when the ogre window losses focus, the window hangs and dosen't redraw, i.e. the window just stays white.

Same here... seems to be an OGRE issue that appear on my PC sometimes.

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#7]
i noticed that probem too only seems to happen in windowed mode, directx seems better behaved, the C++ samples dont seem to be doing this but then they are using a different render loop method, I'll look into it once its more complete

use the release vc++(2005) dlls
\sow\sow.dll
\sow\ogremain.dll
\sow\other.dlls
\sow\example1.bmx
\sow\media\*

just about to upload a new version with camera picking!

glad you like the command structure guys :D the idea is that blitz3d users sould be able to pick it up fairly easily

Nennig(Posted 2006) [#8]
Wow, very impressive!
This is about to become the number 1 wrapper.

Keep it up and thanks for sharing!

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#9]
you got it to work now?

btw folks dont forget about setting logging level and looking at ogre.log if you have any errors.

Nennig(Posted 2006) [#10]
Yeah I got it to work now, I re-downloaded everything and tried again. I am not sure what I messed up this morning.

Anyways, great work, I hope you will continue develop this and I wish I had the skills to do it myself ;-)