[MAXGUI] Open E-Mail + add file attachment?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/[MAXGUI] Open E-Mail + add file attachment?

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi again!

Is it possible to open up a user's default e-mail client, start a new mail to a certain address and add a file as attachment?

Grisu

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#2]
you can do all that without a mail client...

and would probably be more cross platform

If you have firefox you can see the format in firefox's InBox flie (its just ascii text including the attachment that converted)

also check out the rfc's that will tell you about the email protocols

you might even want to release it as an emailer module!

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#3]
I don't want it that complicated.

Just a similar feature as "mailto:g@..." " in html code.

Kuron(Posted 2006) [#4]
Is it possible to open up a user's default e-mail client, start a new mail to a certain address and add a file as attachment?
I have a DLL I use for this exact thing in PBEM games I make. It works with outlook, thunderbird and most other email clients I have tried it with.

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#5]
Dlls have the ability to crash blitz apps and are in most cases difficult to port over. I was hoping for a bmx gui solution. Seems I have to dream on...

Kuron(Posted 2006) [#6]
Dlls have the ability to crash blitz apps
Depends on who writes the DLLs ;c)

and are in most cases difficult to port over.
Works fine with B+ & B3D. I haven't tried it with BMax, but it should work fine with BMax too, as it has worked fine with any language I have used in the past.

I was hoping for a bmx gui solution.
Bmax can call DLLs, if you don't want a DLL, you have to dig through MSDN and find out how to do it via API calls.

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#7]
What's this dll, Kuron? Something you downloaded? Something you wrote yourself? Is it available?

Kuron(Posted 2006) [#8]
What's this dll, Kuron? Something you downloaded? Something you wrote yourself? Is it available?
It is a PBEM DLL that I wrote and released right after I bought B+ years ago. It works fine, no bugs, etc. If somebody can find it, they are welcome to use it.

I haven't lost it or anything. But I can't release it or the streaming OGG dll I have been working on for BMax.

CodeGit(Posted 2006) [#9]
Does anybody know where I can get this DLL??

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#10]
Nope.

Kuron(Posted 2006) [#11]
Give me a week to get caught up on some other things, redo the docs and finish my site and I will rerelease the DLL.

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#12]
Thanks man, that would be great.

CodeGit(Posted 2006) [#13]
Thanks

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#14]
Yeah Thanks Kuron.

Though without a dll it would be still better... ;))))))))))