Mark's ODE module on syncmods?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Mark's ODE module on syncmods?

Robert Cummings(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hiya,

Heard Mark had an ODE mod done? I'm looking for a simple ODE module that will allow loading a mesh for sphere to mesh physics.

I can draw Max2D to represent the 3D elements as I won't need angle changes or rotations...

Is it available guys?

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#2]
I'm also interested in this, since i think it was cross platform?

kfprimm(Posted 2006) [#3]
The ODE module is on the 1.12 mod server

Robert Cummings(Posted 2006) [#4]
Ah I see!

What do I need to do in order to obtain it? I would love to use this for my little mini max2D pinball game.

kfprimm(Posted 2006) [#5]
You need to go to your BlitzMax\cfg folder and open the file modservers.cfg and switch www.blitzbasic.com/modserver118 to www.blitzbasic.com/modserver112. Save the file then sync your modules.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2006) [#6]
That does not work unfortunately, I get an error:

Connecting to server: www.blitzbasic.com/modserver112
Failed to list modules: Unknown error

Mark, if you are reading this, are you interested in developing this further? I would like to use it with Blitzmax 118 if at all possible. Thank you in advance.

Yan(Posted 2006) [#7]
I downloaded v1.12, installed, did...
syncmods -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD mak
...copied over mak.mod to my current install and uninstalled 112 again. 8o/

Robert Cummings(Posted 2006) [#8]
Ah, good tip, thanks!

Perhaps mark doesn't want us using it? Not being funny, just curious? I'd rather use it with marks blessing and not behind his back?

Yan(Posted 2006) [#9]
Well, Mark publicly announced it when V1.12 was released and said we were free to play with it.

I think that either BRL forgot to move it over to the new modserver or they got tired of the support emails for a pre beta module. ;o)

Besides, downloading from a public server is hardly behind anyone's back, is it. :o)

Robert Cummings(Posted 2006) [#10]
Thanks - got it. No examples though? also it threw an error when I compiled ode.bmx (just to see)

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#11]
theres some suff on mysite that started off with marks ode mod and then went in a different direction