No mouse cursor on Title Bar!

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/No mouse cursor on Title Bar!

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hmm, If I use Hidemouse so I can draw my own mouse cursor, when I'm in windowed mode and move the cursor to the title bar the windows pointer DOES NOT reappear until you move *above* the title bar. Therefore the user can't click on the minimise and close buttons, this is crazy. It worked in Blitz Plus, see code samples below:

Max:
Graphics 800,600,0
HideMouse
While Not KeyDown(KEY_ESCAPE)
	Cls
	DrawOval MouseX(),MouseY(),2,2
	Flip	
Wend

Plus:

Graphics 800,600,0
HidePointer
While Not KeyDown(1)
	Cls
	Oval MouseX(),MouseY(),2,2
	Flip	
Wend

I guess I'm going to have to read the mouse position and manually enable the mouse pointer when it's above the graphics window then disable it when it's back in the main window. This is pretty lame.

Anyone know if I'm doing anything wrong or should I post this in the bugs forum?

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#2]
All you need should be in here...
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=55104#613676

Robert Cummings(Posted 2006) [#3]

Select PollEvent()
Case EVENT_MOUSELEAVE
ShowMouse
Case EVENT_MOUSEENTER
HideMouse
End Select

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#4]
groovy thanks guys. I should have searched... sorry. This must be like Hack #203 in my game framework!

Let's hope 1.20 will have this fixed!

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#5]
Lol, nearly posted back that it was inacurate moan grumble etc then realised that I had automidhandle on and it affect my mouse cursor Big DOH!

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#6]
The next thing I'll do (did it in the Bonus games) is make sure that the game cursor slides nicely off the edges as the windows cursor appears, instead of leaving it sitting at the last known position which is a tad lame.

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#7]
-

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#8]
The window mode in regular Max isn't really meant to be used for solid GUI functionality or interoperability with the o/s, it is as minimalistic as possible so I doubt they are going to add any extra features to it any time soon. Originally it was meant to be for testing purposes. I don't think they're going to add extra buttons, gadgets, mouse cursor auto-unhiding etc. That's why you'd have to use MaxGUI which is a complete solution. But I know you really don't want to require your customers to have MaxGUI to get your functionality, so you'll just have to implement your own unhiding.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#9]
Don't worry I did it weeks ago :-)

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#10]
Grisu: I presume you fixed this too 4 months ago? Otherwise I can give you some code ...