Getcaps/GetDesc

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Getcaps/GetDesc

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#1]
How does Bmax check for DX device capabilities?
I've trawled through the source but can't find anything and there appears to be <edit> no <end edit> D3DDEVICEDESC7 type defined.
I've created my own and got the information I need using Getcaps but some of the fields are type 'single'.
I've defined it as long for now but what does single equate to in Bmax available variable types?
In addition a couple of calls return specific objects so I have assigned those fields to object and, basically, discarded them.
If I wanted it to all work properly, would I have to define the types for each of these objects as well?
<edit> In fact I haven't got this working at all as the contents of each field will depend on how they are defined so I have to get them right.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#2]
Most objects are already defined, check out pub.directx :-)

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#3]
I've already looked in there for the D3DDEVICEDESC7 type and can't find it. In fact I have searched the Bmax directories for it with no result.
Is there somewhere specific I should look in pub.directx?

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#4]
Don't normally like bumping but this might have got lost in all the adverts.
Basically, I need to get this...

into a Bmax format so it can hold the return from
primarydevice.device.getcaps.
I *think* dword=int, D3DValue=float and word=short.
I also think D3DPRMCAPS and GUID will be byte ptrs.
However, none of the output looks right.
I am *certain* I am doing something stupid.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#5]
I think I did this already, i'll just have a check. Nope it was something else. Sorry

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#6]
OK, thanks for looking.
BRL, did you ever try this and/or get it to work?
I'll keep trying but it's so annoying.
<edit> It's OK. I got it... finally.

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#7]
Finally got this working (I think) after lots of hacking about. It might answer some POW2 and Anti-alias questions.

GUID fields are fillers but it's normally controlled by Bmax anyway. There's a few comments for the consts but you'll need the DX7 doc for most of them.
Any improvements, corrections or if this is already implememented somewhere (if it is it's well hidden) please post here.
<edit> Very obviously DX only as well.