Problems with Hardware...

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Problems with Hardware...

Colvette(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi, all,

I like to use Blitz3D on my laptop, so I can write code wherever I need to, and I've recently upgraded my laptop to an Acer Travelmate C200 Tablet PC.

This machine comes with an NVidia GeForce Go 6200 with Turbocache graphics chipset, but for some reason I can't get Blitz to work with it. When I run code (any code), the debugger pops up, and the system just sits there forever doing nothing.

I know it's the graphics driver, as HL2 crashes after the title screens too, but whilst I'm not too bothered about that, I *need* to be able to use Blitz to do some prototyping.

Does anyone know any workarounds for this, or perhaps where I can find any more information about driver incompatability with the Nvidia chipset? I've tried the official Nvidia sites and the Acer site, but to no avail.

Help!

Colvette(Posted 2006) [#2]
Ah-ha!

Could this be because the machine is new and I don't have OpenGL installed? Anyone?

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#3]
Is this B3D or Bmax? B3D shouldn't need OpenGl and, if it's Bmax, try using the default DX driver.

Colvette(Posted 2006) [#4]
B3D - the only info in the forums I managed to find to do with problems with Tablet PC's was something to do with OpenGL...?

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#5]
...you do know you're in the Bmax forums? When you did your search were you searching the Bmax forums or the B3D forums?

popcade(Posted 2006) [#6]
So starting to use BlitzMax ;)

FlameDuck(Posted 2006) [#7]
B3D - the only info in the forums I managed to find to do with problems with Tablet PC's was something to do with OpenGL...?
No. It's a long standing (aka. forever) issue with Blitz3D and TabletPC Editions of Windows. To fix it, you need to right-click on Blitz3D (and any Blitz3D applications) and select "Disable Advanced Text Services for this application" and the Compatibility tab. If memory serves.