MaxAVI Demo within

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/MaxAVI Demo within

AntonyWells(Posted 2006) [#1]
Here's the promised demo. Didn't want anyone to miss out so created a new thread. Sorry :)

http://s93153354.onlinehome.us/AviDemo1.zip

ozak(Posted 2006) [#2]
It looks neat and plays fast, but do we need the 1000 dlls or is it just one dll that comes with MaxAVI?

AntonyWells(Posted 2006) [#3]
No it's only with all those dlls because this demo was built with the ogremax version, so the other dlls have to be there. The commercial version is just one dll.

popcade(Posted 2006) [#4]
@Aurora

BlitzNet Optica now v1.2?

I didn't receive update, did you sent it out yet?

[added]BTW, I still can't access your website now, 've tried 3 computer with different network zones[/added]

AntonyWells(Posted 2006) [#5]
Not yet, just finished writing the chatter demo so tonight sometime.

BlackSp1der(Posted 2006) [#6]
your avi module only have support for avis compressed with cinepak codec?

I like WMV, because is better for online streaming.

AntonyWells(Posted 2006) [#7]
It supports any codec that Video For Windows supports. I'm not actually sure what that entails but there you go.
If it's just cinepak i'd be surprised tbh.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2006) [#8]
The avi playback is the wrong speed.

AntonyWells(Posted 2006) [#9]
The speed is upto you. There's a function that returns how long each frame should be displayed if playback rate is important to the project.

*(Posted 2006) [#10]
Surely Max should support some sort of video playback already without everyone having to pay for it. Blitz3d does and thats years old.

Haramanai(Posted 2006) [#11]
No it's only with all those dlls because this demo was built with the ogremax version

Where is OgreMax?

Jake L.(Posted 2006) [#12]
@EdzUp

You're right. But beeing DX only it was no problem to support Video in B3D.

Doing it from scratch to support MacOS/Linux is another issue. I will code a basic one once I really need it (doing my own 2D-Engine atm), but if someone starts a community-project about it, I will spend time in it and participate. Anyone?

AntonyWells(Posted 2006) [#13]
Where is OgreMax?

That's a work in progress. We may be looking for beta testers soon however.